Dealing with an invasive addiction

It’s been years that i’ve been trying to lose a few pounds. But for the last 2-3 years, it’s been terrible. I’ve put myself through diets, training, excercise, fasting to, in the end, gain even more weight. I couldn’t figure it out. Didn’t want to figure it out. After seeing a doctor, i am now diagnose with a eating disorder. Food addiction.

I’m trying so hard. But i’ll see myself slip more often than not and end up lying about it, getting gratification for something I can’t seem able to do. I’m feeling pathetic and can’t hold myself upright… i’m sad and don’t see a way out.

How do you manage to kill a habit when it’s not only accessible, but necessary! It’s sooo hard…

I’m sorry for the rant… i needed to vent and I hope/think/feel like this place is the right place… i’m feeling helpless.

2 Likes

Addictions around food are tricky. There are support groups such as overeaters anonymous would you be willing to give them a shot?

You are definitely in the right place for support, all addictions are welcomed here. I also have some food related addictive behaviors.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

4 Likes

Hey @Fredom ,

Well done for reaching out, I’m also diagnosed with an eating disorder, and have just completed my first round of therapy for it, it has changed my life in so many ways. I still struggle occasionally too. I would be really happy to share what I’ve learned if you want to chat via private message anytime, my inbox is open and I have a lot of free time so can talk whenever mostly. :blush:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the form :blush::wave:

Here is a collection of threads you might find useful - Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :) - I have also added an ‘eating disorder’ tag to your post, if you click it you will find other topics on the subject and you can connect with other people who are also working through this addiction.

Admitting we need help is a big first step and reaching out to ask for it is a really brave thing to do! Glad you’re here :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you for reaching out. I would be glad to share. It’s a difficult situation, getting into a motivated state.

1 Like