Deleted FB App and I Feel Free!

I sort of did this once before, where I logged out of FB from my phone so that I wouldn’t use it

1. Because I’m just disgusted by just the whole thing at this point and
  2. Because I found I would spend SO MUCH TIME mindlessly scrolling out of border

But the last time I logged out of the app, so I could just log back in if I wanted to and eventually I got sucked back in. This time, however, I actually deleted the app off my phone, I can’t remember my password since it was just auto saved, and so logging in I would have to go on the internet or my laptop, reset my password, and do the whole thing which is just useless to do. So, I’ve been off for a week and I have not missed it even one single second.

It’s been a week and I feel so free from the bs of social media!

33 Likes

I have been off of there for probably 3 years and I don’t miss it at all. There is so much arguing and back and forth nonsense that it used to actually leave me feeling angry and depressed. I feel so free now without it!

8 Likes

Congratulations! I deativated my account and then logged off almost 2.5 years ago and have not logged back in. So technically I could do the same as you and log back in and my page would show up, but I can’t imagine going back into that now. IF I ever did I would streamline my friends HUGELY and just have those people I really want to keep in touch with etc. My 4 kids are on there as well as my hubby still is, so AT TIMES curiosity gets the better of me so I just ask my hubby whats been up and he fills me in a bit. But ultimately I have not missed it one bit. It stressed me out badly and it became overwhelming for me, so I got rid of it. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders after I did it. I do have a Reddit account which I go to and this site so thats all I do besides play a few games.

7 Likes

Hey… doesn’t it feel FANTASTIC!!! It is quite freeing and liberating!!

2 Likes

Good job. Social media is a vicious monster dressed like a pink fluffy unicorn. It is so fucking addictive. I have not missed social media a second after deleting it

9 Likes

I’ve been seriously contemplating doing the same thing @Brookiemonster618. I find myself looking for the right meme to post or whatever and it stresses me out and I end up deleting some right after t post them and then… I get anxiety happy or not fulfilled if I don’t get a lot of likes ITS CRAZY! Plus… I noticed I get really sad and depressed because I can’t help comparing myself to all the other people and stuff that’s on there and I end up feeling like shit because either I’m not as good looking as they are OR I don’t do the cool things they do or both lol. I think I’m going to drop it too. I’m not mature enough to not hurt my own feelings lol. It’s also addicting scrolling like you said and it just makes me feel like shit. Thanks for posting I hope all has been well with you my friend :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

I unplugged from social media 2 years ago and it was the best thing ever. Proud of you!

4 Likes

That struggle is real…wise words @Rockstar24777!!

1 Like

I was on all social media outlets but also just str8 cut-off all of it. Now I just keep on ST & like @DMW I’ll ask my husband what’s going on FB once in awhile❣

2 Likes

I totally have not social media used since I got sober.

At first it was forced my ex cut off my phone and such, I have no idea what the password is, and I need my number to log back in. I was pissed but as time went on, I became grateful, her desire to have control has given me more freedom than I could ever ask for.

Social media is toxic AF, half of it is bogus the other half is people lying about their lifes. In the middle is the rant and raves and compliment fishing.

I feel so much better without it and you will too. Its been 7 months since my last Facebook status.

4 Likes

I deleted the app from my phone earlier this month. Major time sink but more importantly it just irritated me what I saw posted. I still have to use it for work but I deleted anyone that posted stupid things and can only use it when I’m on my computer.

3 Likes

Did the same a few months ago. Don’t regret it one bit

4 Likes

I found myself comparing a lot too which is so crazy! It’s not worth it!! I’ve been so much happier since I’ve deleted it! Confidence boost for sure!!

3 Likes

I did about a year ago. I don’t miss it one bit!

5 Likes

I delete my FB for years and feel great, make a new one and then delete it after a few weeks… life is so much better without it!
If someone wants to talk, they’d have my number by now… or visit the River Spirits and get my address so we can write, like normal people.

3 Likes

Can I ask what the River Spirits is?

I deleted mine many years ago. Best decision ever. Its a complete waste of our time and its brain numbing… I only have instagram now , and I don’t have any followers on that , I just use it for inspiration for home , food , fashion and lifestyle type content. I don’t post either… I have pintrest for inspiration also… But I will confess, I am stuck down a tic tok rabbit hole at the moment :joy: there are just so many funny dog and animal video’s on there and it makes me laugh ! And I say laughter is the best medicine so il go with the excuseable reason for now :joy:

5 Likes

Go down to any river, make sure to bring an offering…they are capricious…and after a bit of gossip you can get any information out of them!

1 Like

Thanks @Artnee :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

That’s awesome Brooke, I’m gonna do it!

1 Like