Depressed & Sober

I feel like this every day, and I’m 29 days in. I feel like I lost all my “friends” and I do miss people, but I also kind of feel like I’m better off without them. My problem now is that I don’t want to be around people at all, like no one gets what I’m going through. (My sobriety is court mandated, but I’m committed to it and feel it’s for the best) My boyfriend for the most part is sober with me, but seeing him drink, even though he isn’t getting drunk, is killing me from the inside. I know I can’t force him to be 100% sober with me, but I can’t handle it. Anyone else, going to a bar, working in a bar, I’m ok. Trying to find new things to do without getting addicted to another habit.

The people in AA get what you’re going through :+1:

it gets easier and honestly this forum helps everyone is always supportive and give great advice i was on here daily the first 8 months i thought i was ok without it and a year and a half later im back to support and get supported

4 Likes

thank you so much it is a hell of a lot easier

1 Like

one day at a time mental health was the reason behind my drinking to cover it up so to speak

1 Like

2 more years im still sober but need a group to go to somewhere to meet people like me that are battling this beast and winning

1 Like