Depression is real

Hello everyone! Haven’t been on for a week or so… feeling extremely depressed today. I went back to work yesterday worked 10 hours. Had a urge to drink and god even was given me every sign possible to not do it. And I did. Embarrassed my girlfriend last night got sick and puked my guts out!!.. I’m boss called me out cause obviously I was so sick I called in when I just told him that I would d o good and show up every day… I’m just feeling extremely depressed and feeling like just a jerk… I really want to change. My life around prove to not only myself but to my family and my co workers that I can be reliable and responsible.

1 Like

Same old song and dance. You should stop bro. Good to hear you’re working again.

3 Likes

1 Like

The reality is you cannot be reliable and responsible if you drink. Next time you get the urge if you really do want to be reliable and responsible go find a meeting. Call a friend. Come on here and vent. Talk to your girlfriend about it.
Glad your back and trying.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Yeah I agree with Dazer, you need to be accountable to yourself. You know what happens when you drink. We all know. It’s gonna be the biggest challenge of your life , but the sense of accomplishment you will experience will be profoundly good. Do you drink alone? Or with mates

1 Like

I do it alone

What are you gonna do? Gotta stop bro.

Zoom meeting going on right now. People from here.

I need to be real and open my eyes and talk to others before I just run to the liquor store. I really like this app.

2 Likes

What else do you like besides drinking?

Your past posts say the same thing basically. You need to DO something differently.

5 Likes

I’m a artist but haven’t drawn in a while

1 Like

That’s true and your right

It takes a real ‘want’ from within. I had that ‘want’ when I initially decided to quit last November. Got 4 1/2 months but lost it during COVID(on March 25th to be exact). Since then I haven’t stopped trying to find that ‘want’ for sobriety again. And it’s taken stumble upon stumble, again and again to try to get back on track. I’m still trying on the daily to get there. Every little victory counts for something as long as you’re moving forward. Or even in a straight line. As long as you dont start moving backwards you’re making improvements. Just keep trying :pray:

8 Likes

This! Barker decide on a plan and commit to that plan. You’re not making progress cos you’re not making any actual changes! Step up your game pal! Much strength!

1 Like