Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

obviously someone doesn’t believe that I’m telling the truth when I make a promise about how I stayed sober. :wink:

4 Likes

I still want popcorn or lunch

4 Likes

Well done buddy proud of ya :+1:

I can’t understand why it was moved either :thinking:

2 Likes

Just know that I did not request it.

3 Likes

Yes, I moved parts as the conversation was getting off topic. Side conversations/banter should be taken to new threads or PMs.

It’s mainly why this thread was started. :sweat_smile: But no harm no foul.

6 Likes

I just know that I missed something interesting on here… Sigh.

3 Likes

It actually wasn’t that interesting.

6 Likes

People could learn something from that conversation so I still can’t understand moving it

1 Like

Shit, I hadn’t heard that. Terribly sad news. I have a few of his books.

3 Likes

Hmmmmmm. I see a lot of conversations where people are connecting with each other but they don’t get derailed!. I don’t wanna judge the judger tho :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, there are many. Please keep in mind that moderators do not read all the threads. When we DO read a thread that has been derailed or someone brings it to our attention, then we do move items. If it is a small derailment and goes back on track itself, then we let sit. A fine line, I know!!

****Also, I did take out the political discussion here, in the spirit of the no politics rule.

7 Likes

I think it helps when people start messaging each other instead of replying back and forth on a thread (though I know I’ve been guilty of that, too). I think people sometimes forget that it’s a great option available to keep a side conversation going if they want to.

9 Likes

I agree 100% Rosa. And we all are guilty of having side conversations in a thread. Remembering to move it to a PM is a great suggestion!!!

5 Likes

Exactly, Sassy and Rosa. I just happened to see one.

Even well-meaning or helpful conversations shouldn’t take threads off the OP’s track.

Again, not a big deal and usually not even flagged (unless it’s hostile). But we may shift posts as a reminder and to keep threads tidy.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Oh man, there’s some action jackson here, LOL

Certainly not a big deal on my threads as I derail damn near everything

7 Likes

I’m used to it.

5 Likes

Where do all the post go from this thread when we aren’t talking about derailment voids :man_shrugging:it’s one of those mysteries.

3 Likes