Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

It’s a delicate balance without clear paths for sure

1 Like

@SassyRocks why was my comment towards @JokerLee moved to the void?

I moved previous comments that were off topic to derailment. I left your non derailing comment in the OP.

I also moved your question above to this Derailment thread…as well as my answer (this post!). :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it is a fine line and do feel free to bring concerns about moving, derailing, off topic, etc directly to moderators via a private message. We are happy to discuss how we implement the forum rules and answer any questions accordingly. :grinning:

1 Like

We don’t move things here because they are belligerent per se (tho we do often move belligerent things here). This is a catch all for off topic, derailing, dogpiling, etc comments…all of which are clearly spelled out as against the rules. In this particular case, they were all rather off topic. OP is looking for atheists.

1 Like

I’m not sure why this is in the void cuz I said I feel like this is a positive and helpful on topic statement but as this entire thread has made me realize I cannot stand social media

Not sure why you felt the need to post this at all. I respect you. You clearly can respect others.

Because it’s true

I am a Christian. I was raised religiously. My higher power used to be God. Now I don’t have a higher power and sobriety is still as hard. I find motivation in smaller things such as liking my sobriety dates. Being able to increase my health. Proper sleep. My job.
I’d say there are infinite ways to get sober. Just do what works for you but be open to considering advice from others. You don’t have to do everything someone advices. It’s your journey and I truly wish you a ton of success

2 Likes

It might be your truth.

This is why I don’t do social media I’ll see you all in six months or never I don’t fucking know

I am very sorry for contributing to your dislike of social media. I really can understand how you find it frustrating. I do as well, often, such as now. I want to help support the OP and other atheists. I want to help support other members who are showing their support, but perhaps derailing, I want to help support new people who are just confused, I want to help support all of our members. In doing so, I have clearly upset and bewildered you. I apologize and I sincerely hope you will stick around. It is such a fine line and so hard to make our community feel safe for everyone and follow our rules and guidelines. We are all just doing our best here. I hope you will will take care of your self as you know best. :heart:

11 Likes

I appreciate this so much. I think agnostics and atheists are in the minority and it frequently feels like it’s not a safe space, especially for those of us who have found sobriety outside of “the rooms.” It matters to me that there are people who will talk about their experiences outside of religious spaces (and I’m not talking about the rooms here, I know higher powers can be something beyond a god figure). So thank you.

2 Likes

Your posts are not gone, they are in this thread.

That’s for a large part because people don’t differentiate between spiritual and religious…
Anyway, to me it feels people are trying to differentate themselves from others while the focus should be on what we have in common.

Whether you’re christian, muslim, atheist, buddhist or whatever, focus on the fact that you’re here because you’re an addict.

Just a comment to all, not to you specifically…

2 Likes

Tho some of us do not label ourselves as addicts either. :slightly_smiling_face:

I 100% agree we are all here for sobriety, support and community and appreciate you saying so.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean they are not :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by that but I would say for myself the label just doesn’t help me.

Luckily not my call on whether anyone other than myself identifies as an addict or is an addict.

2 Likes

This is getting offtopic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Then forget about that label. But regardless of how we call ourselves, we didn’t sign up here without a reason…

2 Likes