Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Are you a moderator? Just curious

1 Like

Not so you are not happy with this sites replies so dont spit out the dummy I to was a new comer like you way before internet , i do prison visits and speak all over the world at meetings sponsoring for over 35 years now visit homeless guys on the street if thats arrogance or grandiositity in your mind .then fine just go to a meeting and work the program and im a pet lover and i come here to help guys and gals who are finding it hard getting sober

6 Likes

No. Just someone reading this topic and trying to keep it productive and helpfulā€¦

2 Likes

This is topicstarters perception and feeling Ray.
Prople are allowed to have those. To have doubts and insecurities. And to verify them.
This topic is about someoneā€™s needs and reacting in a defensive way doesnā€™t help.

I donā€™t even know what to say, but your sober time, visits to prison, and running meetings as you said, donā€™t match the way you talking to meā€¦ I donā€™t see no emphaty or desire to help me or get to know me, I just see you once again pounding your chest talking about your accomplishmentsšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I would recommend everyone have a think about this before engaging further :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I found the more I put into this site and made an effort to get to know ppl and forge connections, the more I began to get sth out of it. We are all real ppl on here, with lives and baggage. Not support automatons and empathy machines. No one is entitled to anything on here other than what the guidelines guarantee for all in terms of civility.

Become the person you want to meet.
Wish you the best on your journey.

21 Likes

Gawd dayum girl what a response! Love it.

Edited to be less offensive

6 Likes

I really like compliments beginning with ā€œGod damn girlā€. they the best. you werenā€™t to know. so thank you kindly!
now Iā€™ll get flagged for being ā€œthirstyā€ again lol. worth it tho.

9 Likes

Absolutely. @Faugxh I actually linked and sent your response to the mods.

So you may see that sentiment (or those exact words :see_no_evil:) used by us in future :laughing:

11 Likes

I missed that flag, tell me more. Edited my post to be less offensive

1 Like

May i ask what TS is?

Talking sober. This application.

Ahhh (DOH) lol, thank you :laughing:

Or asking to verify a day count.

Can you reinstate my post and remove my flag? I seriously have problems with brushing my teeth daily. It screws with my self-image. They are almost see through. So I was hoping to get motivation from this thread whilst at the same time motivating others. I have been nothing but respectful towards @ThePower . And when everyone was bashing him I spent over 30 minutes writing a well thought out and respectful message.
To be honest, this hurts. Because my issue isnā€™t alcohol itā€™s trolling? I get how it could seem that way especially with all the bashing he has been receiving. But still, this hurts.

4 Likes

It was off topic Jan. This thread is an alcohol challenge.

With all due respect Sas, but thatā€™s a non sense remark.
This forum is about addictions and ways to deal with it, yet you remove Janā€™s post simply because itā€™s misunderstood, to draw the ā€œitā€™s offtopicā€ card when you get asked to rectify it ?

1 Like

I never told you I was glad you decided to come back to the forum did I?

2 Likes

This is ridiculous. I want to say that Iā€™m at a loss for words, but Iā€™m not. I want to scream and curse at you. Rant about how absurd it is that I get excluded for having a different addiction.
But Iā€™m crying right now. Something I havenā€™t done in months. So clearly there is something else bothering me, probably stress from work. So you wouldnā€™t deserve my rage. But this hurts. A lot.

7 Likes