Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

I just learned that there is a country called North Macedonia. :roll_eyes::see_no_evil:

And now I am even more confused

Only bc of football.

2 Likes

Wow this is a total derailment topic :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sorry, I just noticed. Ask me about how a thread gets silent :joy:

2 Likes

if there are any (nationalistic) Greek folks on the forum, theyā€™ll be happy to explain. Although to them itā€™s still the republic of Skopje probably. Coming close to politics here so I better watch out what I say.

2 Likes

Jeez, I need to have a look at a modern day map.!..

1 Like

Iā€™m rising through the ranks, imma be chasing your position :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was traumatised by SPSS during my uni years, already computer era. Canā€™t even imagine doing that with punch cards :grimacing:

You must be a god of some sort LOL :+1:t2::smile:

2 Likes

Ah punch cards!! Remember computer rooms? Mainframes? I used to love the first computer gamesā€¦and writing them in ASCIIā€¦then DOSā€¦if not, thenā€¦ha!

<Turn left
>You see a sword
<Pick up the sword
>A troll appears

11 Likes

In case I dropped the box of cards, I penciled on the card # on each one!

5 Likes

Haha.
However, I do have a goal for the next 6 months: flag, mute, ignore :smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

@SassyRocks and @SinceIAwoke does all this babble predate the Commodore 64? The card catalogue at the library?

And how is this the hottest thread going? :joy:

7 Likes

Drama nonsense drama nonsenseā€¦ :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

If you keep a shirt/top on, itā€™ll be fine, no flags required :smile::smile::smile:

I had a RadioShack TRS 80, with no monitor ( it hooked up to the TV) and a cassette tape drive for programs. Around the same time, I started university and my card punch studies.

When I was teaching computer applications, we used the library card catalog as our example for database programming! :sweat_smile: It is an excellent and simple example of how to set up a relational, normalized third form system. EF Codd was our hero.

8 Likes

Ahhhhhā€¦Those were the days! The volume in those rooms!

3 Likes

Lol, yes, before the Commodore.

2 Likes

I love it! Confession: attempts to draw boundaries with my sibs started when I card-catalogued my bookshelf at home in grade school. They were older, so didnā€™t care, but still!

And our Gr.6 class was the first in the city to take a weekly trip to the university to see the computer in a room there - and apparently we wrote a program that counted from 1-10, but mostly I liked the blinking square cursor and wanted to play pongā€¦

5 Likes

lol! lord yes! :joy:

1 Like

Hi Beth. I love you. That is all.

1 Like

Haha @Olivia

Iā€™m good at pissing off unicorns,

1 Like