Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

No worries at all. I end up here all the time.

4 Likes

It was the first time in my life I really stood up to someone who gave me a hard time about changing my life! In the past I just kept quiet and let people razz me and joke and I told myself Iā€™d just keep being sober and ignore them. Really what I learned is not standing up for myself allowed me to slip back into bad habits because I wasnā€™t taking a true stand. This time Iā€™m taking a stand and Iā€™m proud of it, Iā€™m not ashamed and Iā€™m not keeping quiet. This is my life and Iā€™m fighting for it :muscle:t2:

7 Likes

That is some solid earned wisdom right there. Amazing stuff can happen when we believe in our selves and stand up for our selves. You have a lot to be proud of. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: like Iā€™ve said in other posts this is the first time Iā€™ve really committed to sobriety, before Iā€™d done it just as a justification to drink again and tell myself I didnā€™t have a problem. But now I want freedom I want a real, true, clean life and Iā€™m not going to let anyone stand in my way!

8 Likes

That freedom is pretty awesome, I support your decision 100%!!!

2 Likes

Freedom is a huge benefit of sobriety. Anyone challenging you on not drinking probably has a problem with their alcohol consumption. It makes them uncomfortable to be around sober people.

We should be proud to be non-drinkers. We deserve better. Glad you are here.

5 Likes

Absolutely! Iā€™m excited for my sober journey!

1 Like

@SassyRocks could you please have a magic dream and Private Message me the winning Lottery Numbers for this week? This whole ā€˜workā€™ thing is cutting into my fishing time.

Thanksā€¦

4 Likes

Oh I donā€™t know, you seem to get plenty of ā€˜fishingā€™ in. :smirk:

And in order to have a magic dream, I would have to dismount from my magical unicorn, SparkleToesā€¦and well, I donā€™t want to upset SparkleToes.

:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Well bless my little heart! SparkleToes :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:ā€¦I know these gals from Finland who use Hand Unicorns, but I was not aware of a real one prancing around hereā€¦What a magical place! :rainbow::stars::milky_way::first_quarter_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

SparkleToesā€¦

13 Likes

Heā€™s so pretty. I was not aware before that unicorns have toes. Stupidly always thought they have regular hoofs. Always sth new to learn around here! :unicorn:

5 Likes

Oh goodness, thanks for the reminder. I had a DND timer on.

Will do!

I am sometimes, for sure when I need a little break.

3 Likes

7 Likes

You have no right to expect a reason why or need to know the reasons why. People are here to try and stay sober. They ask questions and look for advice and you are constantly giving smart amswers. Would turn a newcomer off this forum with your carry on.

1 Like

Hey Sean, no reason to get all defensive. If we know more about what doesnā€™t work, we can steer them in a direction to something that fits their needs. The OP doesnā€™t have to respond and thatā€™s why I dropped a link to numerous alternatives. Ease up there buddy.

5 Likes

Wrong way of doing it in my oppinion each to their ow

Why donā€™t you let the OP speak for themselves rather than thinking you know best for everyone.

4 Likes

That was my point hahahahaha