Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

To be honest, this isn’t the right place for you. That’s great that you can do what you can do, but we can’t and we aren’t willing to try, again. There may be some moderation related forums or subreddits that might better fit your needs.

9 Likes

Thanks, Dan, and @ELY83, as well. Polite civil discourse is a skill I’m still developing. Disagreeing without being disagreeable, thanks to you both for demonstrating to me how it’s done, and speaking for me when I could not speak for myself.

9 Likes

I’m not advocating for moderation just giving an opinion on a post with a personal experience.

You’re opinion is solely based on your own experience, undermining the basic principle of this forum and all here. I’m with @Dejavu in saying this is not the right place for you.

8 Likes

This is a forum for sobriety, so maybe it’s not suited to your needs?

3 Likes

Moved to derailment void if people want to continue the conversation.

A reminder of the relevant bits of the forum rules (and link to the full rules, for anyone who isn’t already familiar with them) -

6 Likes

No one is talking to you. I simply posted an opinion and then was asked to answer a follow up question in which you all seemed to jump on… I even said it’s not a recommendation for moderation.
I will continue to post and give my opinion, which tho different from yours is no less valuable.

I think it’s because you said that abstinence isn’t the solution to addiction that people are getting concerned. This is an abstinence focused forum - as per the rules linked to above the focus of posts should be about how we want or are managing to stop using substances. Whether or not that was your intention to promote moderation, it appears to be how it has been taken.

There have been a number of conversations about it, everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion but personally I would have thought everyone’s efforts would be better directed at supporting each other in our sobriety rather than rehashing this topic.

6 Likes

Fair enough I will not post anything contrary to the rules.

2 Likes

I’m currently on a beautiful beach, playing with my kids. I don’t have to worry if I should have one or two drinks tonight. I’m not concerned with how close the nearest bar is. I’m here and I’m free. Now that’s sobriety!

12 Likes

That beach looks amazing especially after this long winter. Feeling jealous over here in NJ. Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Amazing! :blush: beautiful picture

1 Like

It’s okay… is on the derailment thread :wink:

5 Likes

Lol. I’m not triggering to anyone :joy:

3 Likes

I dunno …Mr dad bod :wink::joy:

2 Likes

:fu:is definitely a complete sentence

5 Likes

200 (7)