Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

I hope you get well soon.i usually do what my kids call a Witches Brew (my friends call me kitchenwitch) for colds and likewise things. Wouldn’t recommend it instead of real meds but usually you drink tea anyway when you’re having these kind of symptoms so why not use it to your advantage. There’s two different ways first one contains:

cinnamon-expectorant, and anti-inflammatory

Clove-, natural pain relief,( if you’ve got toothache you can chew on whole clove and it’ll numb your tooth, and probably half of your tongue)

Ginger- super anti inflammatory
(don’t ever use ginger if you’ve got a fever, because it raises your body temperature)

Honey- expectorant and cough relief

If you’ve got real tea (like lipton teabags or likely) Masala Chai usually contains about the same ingredients, just make some with a little honey. And you’ve got about the same.
Otherwise a small pinch of each spice and about two whole cloves works well for one cup. If you only got ground cloves take a smaller pinch because it’s a bit spicy.
Second witches brew, doesn’t really taste good but it can work.

Thyme, lemon, honey, turmeric and minth. If you’ve only got the first three it still works. All of them are anti-inflammatory, contains antioxidants and thyme is a natural expectorant cough relief.

A pinch of each spice, a teaspoon of lemon or just a slice, and honey after your own taste.

Boil water, add spices, let it sit for 5-10 mins. Drink when it’s a little bit cooler than hot, and at a maximum three times a day. If you don’t like the spices in you can use a coffee brewer and add the spices in the filter and brew the witches brew.

3 Likes

I have turmeric tea?? Put some cinnamon and lemon.

1 Like

I think it would work. But I can’t guarantee that it tastes good,I haven’t tried. :blush:

1 Like

Guess what. I had everything in my cabinets that you suggested. I made the witches brew. One black teabag and one turmeric + all the other. Its actually not bad. I made enough for 3 cups. Thank my sparkly glitter girl.

I put extra honey and some artificial sweetener. It’s not horrible actually.

1 Like

A man and a woman can be friends without one party taking advantage of the other. If someone is raped, it is absolutely never the victims fault and it is definitely not okay to violate another human being no matter the circumstances.

However

No-one here has anywhere near enough information to even advise the OP on anything. We can only absorb what has been written and to be honest, there’s very little here to actually comment on and its well within the OPs rights to keep that private.

Drunken consent is still consent whether you agree with it or not - All you can do is hope that the person who you are dealing with has the integrity to know that any kind of sex in that state should be out of the question.

Blackout drunk does not mean you don’t know what you’re doing in the moment; it means you don’t remember what you did later.

The OP has invited someone into their home, very drunk with them and all of a sudden has woken up the following afternoon in what I can only assume was a compromising position?

I fundamentally believe that everyone has the right to be heard; not automatically believed.

@Rina27 - There is no-one here who can tell you whether you/he/both of you are responsible or mostly or partly responsible and I would strongly advise in this case that you steer clear from asking people to assign blame to him or to yourself - The only people that know what happened in that room are you and him.

If you have been/feel you have been sexually assaulted/violated or harmed in anyway then I and any other reasonable person here would advise you go to whichever law enforcement you can and file a report.

5 Likes

Because I am clearly speaking to you and the OP.

Maybe if you read the top half of my post where I repeat what you say and agree with you; it might make a bit more sense.

I take issue with this, as do many courts of law. Drunken consent is NOT consent.

9 Likes

I take issue with it too - I’m not in favour of it. I think that people should have integrity and know that any kind of sex in that state should be an absolute NO go.

What you say about the court of law… Im in the UK and it was a law that was passed in 2009 I believe. I do not agree with the law, let me point that out.

@littlemisschatterbox - No worries

RAINN discusses consent and substances, you may find it of interest…

https://www.rainn.org/articles/drug-facilitated-sexual-assault

Their main page for more information regarding sexual assault…

https://www.rainn.org/

2 Likes

Right… So by that logic, you’re saying every woman who has ever had sex whilst she was drunk is the victim of a rape?

1 Like

Lets take this to private conversation.

If she would not give consent while sober, then yes.

I realize it is counter to how many of us were raised and socialized. However, the world and views can and do change as we all grow and change as well.

1 Like

Wow. I’m going to add my (male) voice to the room here and say:

A) Drunken consent is not consent. If you disagree with the law in the country, you are welcome to either 1) Open a case and take it to the Supreme Court and try to get the case law changed or, 2) Do nothing. Laws reflect the societies they protect: we live in a society whose evolving laws say one person’s disease - alcoholism, diabetes, mental health - and the associated vulnerability does not entitle others to do whatever they want in the moment.

B) We’re not here to use someone else’s experience - which she shared above - as some screen on which to project our pet legal and social theories. The question here is “Am I to blame?” and the answer is at least that we don’t know enough - as has been said above - and that sobriety and safety are both important. This can involve medical care and legal help, it can also involve sobriety groups. (Edit: the choice is the original poster’s. It would be courteous to that person to open a dedicated thread - a separate thread - to discuss our opinions on society and law.)

8 Likes

So as not to derail this thread any further.

Anything? Well now you’re going to have to draw me up some terms.
Can you agree for a taxi to take you home when you’re drunk?
Can you agree to eat when you’re drunk?

D’you know, im finding it incredibly difficult to take you seriously right now because you are talking like someone who can’t accept someone with an impartial opinion that isn’t the same as yours.

My initial point in my post was that I agreed with you… And regardless of whether you like it or not IN A COURT OF LAW…drunken consent is still consent in the UK - You don’t have to like it, I don’t like it, but thats the fact.

How did I become the rapist defender here, jesus christ… I am the only person here who as said to the OP “Go to the police” which quite frankly EVEYRONE here should be saying.

6 Likes

I said call the cops on the ahole

3 Likes

Ahhh sorry you did after I’d already posted. I didn’t see. My bad - Sorry.

So happy to see someone who advocates doing the right thing.

This last relocation is about a serious topic, and so I leave it here should anyone wish to continue it civilly.

However, this kind of outburst on the thread is absolutely unacceptable. A member was reaching out for support for what’s obviously a very difficult situation. She did not need her thread hijacked by this kind of debate, regardless of content.

In the future, please move on, flag if against our guidelines, or take the conversation in another thread or PM. Failure to do so will result in silencing/cool down for everyone involved

10 Likes

Men and Women can’t be friends.