Derailment Void

Pie has a crust that goes up the sides at an angle, cake has a flat bottom, with vertical sides. Cheesecake is a layer cake. The bottom layer being crusty, the top layer being cheesy.

1 Like

That is quite impressive. Many native english speakers are functionally illiterate in english. My wife is currently pursuing a masters on-line, and has to post and reply on a class discussion board. She’s asked me to read some the the posts from her classmates. These are graduate students who lack basic written communication skills, or an understanding of expositive writing. She asked me to read a couple yesterday. I couldn’t figure out what their points were, or what ideas they were attempting to advance or defend. At least half of the top-posts were like this…and the responses even worse. I can’t imagine what the professors think when reading this.

5 Likes

Boston Cream Pie: It wobbles, even though it has custard in it. It defies the UK standard of “cake”. It is a metric pie.

1 Like

Let me draw on my years of experience in dessert appreciation to settle this once and for all :grin::joy:

1. Pie is better then cake
  2. Cheesecake is a pie
  3. Boston Cream Pie is a cake

The real poser in my mind is Flourless Chocolate Cake?? It’s the same rich, dense-ness as cheesecake. Can’t be layered. Doesn’t have flour & has no crust…
:nerd_face::face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

4 Likes

I think I’d prefer a pie over a cake simply because I’m not a fan of frosting. It’s so cloyingly sweet that it hurts my jaw.

Cheesecake is still the undisputed champ. Erryone wants to claim that guy.

4 Likes

Not a big frosting fan either. I’d rather eat the cake then the frosting.

2 Likes

More for me!

Used to get offended and upset that the wife didn’t like shrimp, now I see it as a blessing!

3 Likes

That sounds like a nightmare, as a parent.

2 Likes

I just have to chime in and share that this is all very funny to me because I used the line “I need someone who wants the whole cake, not just the frosting” when I broke it off with my acting out partners :laughing:

Being gluten free usually I take the frosting while husband eats cake(in the literal sense).

3 Likes

Well you’ve settled it then I think. Cake (the whole cake) is much better then a slice of pie :smile::+1:t3::hugs:

2 Likes

Blasphemy!

1 Like

I haven’t blasphemy-ed since my drinking days :grin:

Then why did you start now?

Ahhh well I was supporting cute lil’ MissJ’s analogy. No blasphemy, just friendship :sweat_smile: Still a pie girl through & through. Graham cracker pie actually is my favorite btw. I’ll share the secret family recipe hanging in my cupboard :speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

Some secret!!

1 Like

Shhhhhhhh :shushing_face:

Shiiieeettt. I get happy when I see other people eating cheesecake, that’s how awesome cheesecake is.

4 Likes

Photoshop crap

1 Like

I’m calling that statement and subsequent picture an untruth.

How you choose to interpret that is up to you

2 Likes

I didn’t eat cake. I wasn’t a sissy-boy.

2 Likes