Diary of a Drinky Kid

Absolutely, its not a good look at all, yet somehow I never noticed how bad it looked until I really opened my eyes to my own problem.

The company you keep is always going to be a massive factor. Surrounding yourself with positive supportive people like I have found here is really helping me.

Children are walking talking reasons to remain focussed on the task ahead, dont put too much pressure on yourself like you say all you can do is try your best.

:facepunch:t3:

1 Like

Cheers mate, need to get on the graft now so have a good day, and if I feel like slipping don’t worry you’ll be hearing from me.

All the best mate.

Take care

Thank you.
Yes I’m proud of both my kids for beating their addictions. Now it’s my turn.
I’m glad your here.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll beat your addictions, your children didn’t get their fighting spirit and will to succeed from nowhere!

Always happy to be of assistance where I can! :heart: :pray:t3::+1:t3::facepunch:t3::muscle:t3:

1 Like

Ah nice one. Yes I used to have an old routine of driving home and stopping at the shop … it was hard at first like a silent tug o war!.. but i just had sobriety as the first thing to focus on and jumped in any online meetings or this app to push forwards. A good chilled day today for me. “Owning my shit” as my sponsor put it!.. Getting over a tantrum that lasted nearly 2 days…:laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Any excuse to be going somewhere just to get to the shop, grab a 1/4 mix it with coke knock it back go home. None the wiser, till I needed the other one then the other one. Its just a bad cycle. You learn to be a good liar aswell, plus it doesn’t help the pocket.

1 drink is just not sufficient , so when I feel like a drink I try to remember that and so far so good 10 days in. Haven’t seen my drinking buddies and not looking forwards to it. For some strange reason I feel like I’d be letting them down by not sitting and drinking with them. Best to avoid now till I’m in a stronger place.

Sorry for waffling guys, early morning thoughts lol

Another day and another chance to keep focussed amd heal.

4 Likes

Yep sounds like how I drank.

I was a slave. It wasnt all bad times but it was ruining my life.

1 Like

Waka,

Feel free to waffle, vent, rant or whatever you need. Download your brain, I’m sure most of us have the same thoughts about meeting up with drinking buddies, that is where my Aspergers hits me, I didn’t have drinking buddies, I don’t have friends because I struggle with social situations (in person, because of my quirks people don’t know how to take me or I can’t read their intentions/body language) so I drank alone.

I dread being alone at the minute, that’s when I have my battles, thankfully I have a good family, then work although my shifts and working patterns mean I have a lot of time alone to “do what I want”, I used to drink in this alone time but I’m not going to be doing that anymore, I’ve chosen to stop and I’m determined I am not pressing that reset button, but I am dreading it none the less.

I’m so glad I found this place though, everyone here is supporting me regardless of my issues which means the world to me and I feel that I have friends to turn to even though I know nobody, it’s like I know everyone, probably because I see me in everyone and every comment so I can relate to you and everyone else!

Congrats on day 10, By 10.55 tonight I will be 5 days in!

Keep checking in, here for you or anyone else!

2 Likes

Well I’m 30 mins away from 6 days without a drink and today I haven’t even thought about having one. Must be progress, given it is the weekend too I’m surprising myself!

Surrounding myself with love and positivity must be working!

:grinning::muscle:t3:

3 Likes

If I can do it, trust me anyone can.

Just imagine how bad you will feel if you ruin that solid run!

1 Like

Agreed mate!

No turning back now, I owe it to my family to stay on track! Want the kids to see the best of me, it’s great when I hear them asking their mum if I’m ok because I’m not grumpy!

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah real talk mate, look to the future and learn from the past.

And we need to always remember how blessed we are, we just need to create a safe space for our family and the drink doesn’t allow that unfortunately.

But you know what I’m about 11 days in and even my sister was shocked today, but we don’t need to prove it to anybody else just ourselves.

Stay strong mate, and I hope I can do the same, the longer we stay off it the easier it gets.

2 Likes

I recomend you listen to this audio book. It has really helped me. I also have a superman in my life as some of your story has resonated with mine :frowning:
Tanya

1 Like

Thanks Tanya,

I’ll give it a listen. Glad you have your superman there to support you!

:heart::pray::hugs:

1 Like

I can relate to so much you have said here my mate , I also have a superwoman of my own without her I wouldn’t be here today . Reaching out and openly talking about the illness of depression and battle with alcohol I find now comes as a release and relief as I hid it so well for so many years. As for the friends side of it I’ve also cut ties with most of mine even staying off social media as they only want to know you when your getting wrecked with them etc . Stay strong my man :facepunch: ODAAT

2 Likes

Hi Gav,

Thank you for your response. I’m so glad you have your own superwoman, that level of support is unparalleled in my eyes.

I have found being in a place where I can truly open up about my struggles without fear of being ridiculed or judged helps me.

There were even things that I have shared here that I haven’t wanted my superwoman to hear for fear that I would overburden her and break her too, the proverbial straw on the camels back scenario.

I’m finding the more I read from others the more I recognise myself in their stories and offering them some words of support or encouragement keeps me from hitting the drink myself.

:heart::pray:

1 Like

Welcome aboard! I’m sorry you went through all you’ve detailed. You have definitely come to the right place for support! I wish you nothing but the best! :+1:t4:

1 Like

I’m glad to see you’re hanging in at 18 days and counting! Keep taking your daily actions and keep stacking those days.

4 Likes

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing! I’m new here as well, and am in the beginning stages of my recovery process.

Looking forward to seeing you continue your journey.

:heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Ken,

You have certainly come to the right place for support and assistance. In the past 17 days since I joined I have received so much support and kind words.

The fact that there are so many others here who when you read their stories and posts that you feel they are almost writing your life too.

I find comfort in knowing I’m not alone with what I thought were unique situations, thoughts and struggles.

Welcome to the group, feel free to get in touch if you need anything!

:heart::pray::hugs:

3 Likes