Did you know...you can mute a thread?!

Did you know that you can mute an entire thread so it doesn’t show up on your feed? If you’re like me and easily annoyed at times, it can really make your TS experience just that much more beneficial.

1. Scroll to the bottom of the thread
  2. Underneath “topic controls” you’ll see options starting with “watching.” Click on that to find other options. In addition to muting, you can choose “tracking” if you want to be notified anytime anyone replies.

This has helped me tremendously to keep my focus on what helps and I wanted to share.

15 Likes

It took me 5 minutes to figure out where the actual “reply” button was for your post on this one :rofl:

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

LOL! You cracked me up!!! Thank you for the laugh! :joy:

1 Like

LOL! So it’s YOU! :rofl:

Keep doing you, man. And I’ll keep muting whiny threads. :nerd_face:

@SoberGuyUSA, “So what are you doing today to make sure you go to bed sober tonight”… something like that? :grin::joy:

1 Like

I didn’t know this, thanks Rosa! I sometimes get overwhelmed when I’ve not been on for a bit and I can miss threads that I’ve been following. I’m going to book mark this…:pray:t2::+1::two_hearts:

1 Like

I know, right?! It was a big deal when I learned this! It’s like I could breath a little easier.

I’m not very good with technology, it takes me ages to learn things. It took me nearly 6 months to learn how to chop and paste a quote from someone’s thread :rofl: thanks lady, you’re a star! :pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

No problem! I had the same issue, then it turned out it was a problem with the app on my phone and not even my fault! :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@RosaCanDo…Rosa to the rescue!! Thanks…very helpful.

1 Like

Ha Ha! :joy: Just trying to help. :wink::upside_down_face::slight_smile:

I did know this but have never used it bc once its muted I don’t know how to find it if I want it back :thinking:actually does it still appear if you search for it???

3 Likes

Yes.
Full sentence.

1 Like

it’s a curse being this intelligent :grin:

2 Likes

I figured out how to unmute also. Let me get some screen shots!

1 Like

To unmute a thread you have muted:
Go to your profile preferences (those who don’t know, you click on your avatar/profile pic in the upper right and then click on your name, then click on “preferences”) Click on “Account” to get to the drop down menu, then click on Categories.

Scroll down and click on “show” next to the Muted category. There you will see all your muted threads. To unmute the thread, click on it and scroll to the bottom to change from muted to whatever you want.

The easier way would be if you know the name of the thread you want to unmute, search for it and scroll to the end of the thread and change it from muted to whatever you want it to be.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

I still can’t do that. I’m technologically challenged. If it wasn’t for my husband I’d still have a phone with real buttons that isn’t a smartphone. Probably I wouldn’t be able to start the tv either :joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

You sound just like my husband, Sophia! :rofl:

1 Like