DIY Home Projects

Oh I love this transformation and the floor!

1 Like

Of course you did!! Crushing the homestead!!

1 Like

Wife wants some built in cabinets in the family room (? I dont know what its called, its the smaller of the living rooms lol) so thats what we’re doing. Getting the boyo involved, he’s showing interest finally! Yay.

I wanted to just do a simple wall to wall floating shelf, but I always give that woman what she wants.

9 Likes

Annnnnd even more important, the upstairs AC started acting up and then quit. I don’t know a lick about HVAC but my brother in law in AR does and just hearing the hum over the phone he said the motor just needs to be swapped and that it’s easy.

Climed up into the attic, removed the blower assembly, got a replacement, put it in, climed back up and a literal 4 pounds of sweat later and 30 minutes later, the AC was back in business. Saved myself about 800 bucks doing it myself.

13 Likes

Well, update, Wife was not digging my complete rustic wood farmy stuff I was envisioning lol. Pivoted, and went with some birch plywood like I should have from the jump cause I know she a bit more bougie than me.

Another trip to HD and 3 hours later…

Got a bunch more ply for shelves and doors when I get some more time.

12 Likes

I’ve started to renovate me bedroom, the built in closets was impossible to use anymore,they smelled horrible.

It was shown that like in every other room here, there’s a really old plastic mat underneath everything and the glue have started to smell really bad. (No wonder, house built in 1948)

I’m not even halfway yet, but it’s supposed to be a an old west homestead/ farm house inspired bedroom. Without built in closets.

I’ll keep you updated.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Starting the basment facelift. Drop sealing down…will not be anything to fancy…as free tine is not a huge commodity…making it pretty and livable

9 Likes

I always LOVE see your visions come to life! Even if its a little different than planned, it’ll be absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

Ha! I know it will be fabulous no matter what you do. That will be some great storage!!

2 Likes

Are you going to move the electric and commo to the flat top of the unit?

gave the kitchen a paint

6 Likes

Managed to make a new top for patio table

9 Likes

Fitted new velux window and papered room

9 Likes

No plans to, she wants all that stuff out of sight, no wires, no modem and all that. There’s already an outlet and hidden wall wire up behind the tv.

@SassyRocks never enough damn storage!

Thank you @MandiH I try!

3 Likes

I forgot to post my porch repair but I was proud of my son and I so I had to share!

My porch became bowed over the winter and as I inspected it, the wood was completely rotted out. The previous owners we not good DIY-ers and it needed a whole lot of love. This is the before:

So, my son and I got to work with the hammers, chisels, pry bars, and power tools to take out the rotted wood/ entire rim joist to the floor boards. This was in between the month long ran spurt we were in the middle of too.

We’ve never done anything like this before but we did it! And, in the new buyers inspection they had NO issues with the work we did-and they were THOROUGH!

I was pretty proud of us and this job-by far this was my biggest repair on that house and we were in a huge time crunch. Sometimes we are far more capable than we give ourselves credit for. :heart:

14 Likes

Shit. Yes.

Nice work y’all, extremely satisfying

1 Like

Shelves and shelves and finally some trim. Taking good shape now.

Fully trimmed and tidied up. Wife is up to bat for paint and stain. I gotta remount that damn TV up higher… and straight :rofl:

10 Likes

got the loft floored and put in some insulation foam

9 Likes

About 90% complete. I got roped into painting… lord I hate painting :poop::clown_face::poop: Needs some more paint, some more caulk, some poly on the stain and I’ll add some pot lights above.

Wifey used the word love about 380026563 times so Im happy with it.

13 Likes