Do we have any Vegans in here? Post your Vegan Food

“B12 supplement” in google should lead them to the promised land :wink:

I think i’ve never tried marmite! They got some in the import section of my supermarket

4 Likes

I’ve never tried it, either. I have a feeling I’d like it. But I haven’t seen it in my neck of the woods ever. I’d probably have to order some.

2 Likes

Now I want to try it! I’ll pick up next time. Have you had vegemite? If so, similar? I’ve not had that either

3 Likes

I love Marmite. I find its quite good to use in bases/stocks too.

4 Likes

Homemade pancakes with fruit and vegan chocolate spread

Tofu scramble. First attempt ever i thought this would be disappointed but it was lovely on some toast :heart_eyes:

Pizza which was shop bought and then customised with extra veggie

Love this thread guys keep it coming

:kiwi_fruit:

11 Likes

Not vegan, or even vegetarian, for that matter, but most of the food I eat is and has been for twenty years or so. Vegetarian.
This is something I made up about that long ago and fix a lot. Eggplant, mushrooms, red bell pepper in this case, fresh ginger, fresh garlic. I love it.

11 Likes

That looks lovely i would stick that in a pitta bread with some rocket and cucumber, and you have yourself a veggie kebab :stuffed_flatbread:

3 Likes

Very cool, ive never seen this before

3 Likes

This is my extreme vegan comfort food. Curly fries and popcorn cauliflower. Peas and coleslaw on the side

9 Likes

While I’m not a vegan, I’ve been doing more plant-based meals, more vegan foods, reducing my meat intake etc so I love watching this thread for ideas too. Lots of tasty foods!
My lunch today; sprouted farro bowl with sesame soy baked tofu, beet & cabbage kraut, cashews, roasted broccoli and adding a touch of vegan Japanese dressing

14 Likes

Making falafel tomorrow. We are dabbling in a meatless diet…not sure exactly how long or whether vegetarian or vegan at this point. We just know, the healthier we eat, the better we feel.

7 Likes

That’s great. Changing diet around can make a huge difference to how you feel. My mood is so much better when I eat well. And cutting back on meat is win win as far as I see it. Hoping to see a picture of the falafel in the thread :+1:

3 Likes

For the most part we eat really well…its when we get into comfort food mode…that is what we are replacing first…and I love middle eastern food…so we will start there

3 Likes

i think you speak more for your body type, not for the general population of humans. blood type has a lot to do with how well you adapt to meat or no meat diets. also a lot of vegetarians/vegans dont eat plant based foods daily. they tend to eat processed, cooked foods and load up on expensive supplements. i was in san francisco 10 years ago when everyone was vegan. there were a lot of unhealthy people living on a diet of chips and PBR. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ll definitely agree with that. A lot of people think the term vegan means that you’ll be healthy, but french fries and beer are vegan that doesn’t make it a wise decision every day.

3 Likes

Honestly, if my body responded well to being vegan, I would totally do it. And it’s not like I was eating processed grains and sugary vegan candy all the time, I was eating oatmeal, berries, raw fruits and vegetables, severely limiting vegetable oils, and only drinking sugar free dairy alternatives when I wasn’t drinking water. And no matter what I did, I couldn’t eat without having severe acid reflux from all of it. Now I’ll totally admit that everyone is different, and for some a vegan diet might actually be the cure for acid reflux, but for me it just wasn’t. Like I said before, I wound up with chronic gastritis, nutritional deficiencies, and I was 40 lb heavier by the time I stopped than when I started. For me, the answer was consuming healthy fats from fish, grass-fed and finished meats, organic eggs, and cutting out most grains. I still eat a ton of vegetables and try to be as whole foods, plant-based as possible, but removing the grains and adding back the animal proteins and healthy fats was a complete game changer.

2 Likes

totally. and sometimes for a diet to really work for you (if it must) you have to get a nutritionist to guide you which is costly and not time efficient. about 15 years ago i went my GP and had a physical when he told me that i needed to be on a plant based diet. i have been since. but in the last few months i’ve introduced fish and crustaceans. no matter what we eat it should just be clean, IMO.

3 Likes

I had to finally see a functional medicine practitioner just to get the chronic gastritis under control, so yeah I’ll agree with that. I think grains were the main issue for me

1 Like

Believe it or not. There are a high amount of meat eaters who are deficient in B12. This isn’t an exclusively vegan issue.

2 Likes

Never said it was, but more vegans and vegetarians get it than meat eaters

1 Like