Do your days feel longer or shorter?

I’m on day 25. Part of the reason I thought I used to drink was boredom. The days felt like they dragged. I am surprised to find that my days are less boring and fly by without alcohol. I’m in the same routine, nothing drastic has changed apart from giving up alcohol and yet the boredom has gone! Anyone else felt this?

4 Likes

They feel shorter but although the routine is the same, I am putting more into that routine, like preparing more dishes for meals, or doing extra prep for work.

4 Likes

I think that may be it. I have more energy so am doing more and achieving more which makes time pass quicker. Crazy how I used to drink to pass the time but it was just a vicious cycle I never knew I was in.

5 Likes

This is a very interesting observation! I feel my days are shorter and more fulfilling!

Sometimes the days aren’t long enough! Especially on the weekends!! :rofl:

6 Likes

I think it was partly due to feeling so hungover and counting down the hours until I could drink again. Now I just keep busy and feel healthy.

3 Likes

My days are loooooooooooooong now that I’m sober.

1 Like

For me, all I ever did was sleep until it was time to drink. Then after about 3 hours of being awake i was blacked out til i went to sleep again. I always said how little time I had but it was my fault for wasting it all. Its monumental the amount of time i have now. I did hit a rough patch a couple weeks back, being laid off this month, but I’m finally evening out(around 60+ days). I can get so much done in a day and still have energy up until bed. So keep yourself busy bc I always thought I was bored but its bc I wasnt actually doing anything. Congrats on 25 days!

2 Likes

This is a really insightful concept. It seems like it would be so obvious but for me it was so hard to see until I had the “aha” moment and realized I was bored because I was doing nothing.

2 Likes

Before when I was still drinking, that was my motivation to get things done (typically). I had to clean or cook or be a “good” parent… Had to check off all the boxes so I could delusionally drink myself in to oblivion as a reward. Once I stopped drinking I had no reward for cleaning the bathroom or doing the laundry.

Now, I’m doing things from 6:30am-9:00pm 7 days a week to keep myself on track… And I honestly couldn’t be more grateful and that’s what I consider my reward at the end of the day.

7 Likes