Does anyone has tinnitus?

Does anyone has tinnitus here? And did you notice any difference since you quit drinking alcohol? Fewer complaints perhaps? I hope so, will be an extra motivation to stay of the alcohol for me!

1 Like

I have had tinnitus since I was in my twenties. Unfortunately I have not noticed any changes since I quit drinking with my tinnitus but, overall I feel much better now than I did when I was consuming alcohol everyday.

1 Like

I unfortunately started suffering from it with my withdrawal from tramadol/opioids, hopefully it will fade away soon but its bloody irritating to say the least, never had it in my life and the doctor said its a small percentage that suffer from it with the withdrawal process

1 Like

I called the tinnitus help line and all the phone did was ring!

But seriously folks, yes I have it. I thought it was caused by high bp but unfortunately not. I have had it both while drinking and now sober 555+ days. I got used to it.

6 Likes

I’ve resigned to this one being a side effect of the loud concerts/music of my partying days. :pensive: I used to blast music as loud as possible when frustrated, too.

Up shot is good auditory hygiene can keep it from progressing! Quiet meditation tracks are good for more than chilling. :grin:

2 Likes

raises hand

Concerts, played drums in a rock band, loud music everywhere, plus nicotine use and alcohol abuse…

Seems it’s getting worse. :worried:

3 Likes

Not paying attention to it is the best thing to do, I think.

But do you have a ring (some do), or a beep.

I think those punk rock concerts way back were also causing this annoying beep in my head.
When it’s quiet it’s driving me crazy, so I’m afraid meditations won’t help me with this. Glad it helps you!

1 Like

Yup me :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman:

My acupuncturist puts it down to extra liver energy rising up from a liver that has been over worked for to long. Hes says its totally linked to over drinking and drugging and should clear up as my body heals. No sign of this yet :thinking: he says caffeine, dairy and sugar will aggravate it. All my favourite things! Guess I just have to live with it then!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Worse?! Oh no! I read that tinnitus is getting worse when you drink alcohol, so I hoped it was getting better without. But I forget about it than and try not to focus on it.

Good luck with yours!

I’ve had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I actually didn’t know it was abnormal until I went to the ear doctor for another issue. I though everyone had ringing in their ears! Lol. I’ve been sober almost a year and I’ve noticed it’s maybe lessened slightly? But not by much. Hopefully, it will continue to get better . :confused:

2 Likes

Yes!! We’ve started to learn about exactly this in school!!

1 Like

Cool, you still loving your course? X

1 Like

I abuse my ears, so it’s totally self inflicted. :flushed:

1 Like

A firework exploding next to one ear followed up by Deep Purple’s Made in Japan tour roundly screwed up both ears.
I work on site during the day and keep something on in the evening (music, documentaries, youtube).
It’s not ideal but it gets me by.
Packing the booze in may have helped minimally, but that’s about it!

1 Like

Oh, quiet things don’t make it better. Meant only it doesn’t get worse.

Those are the times I hear it clear as day though, too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a constant ring

Yep. It started in February 2017 after I was really sick. I had the flu and being the active alcoholic I was I drank while I was sick. I was also eating benzos like candy…

100% loving it!

1 Like

I have it off and on, sometimes exasperated by yoga (bending over)…which bums me out. I don’t know if it has gotten any better since I stopped drinking, maybe a bit. It comes and goes.

1 Like