Don't Feed the Trolls

Ricki Gervais…yeah, I’d put him right up there with CS Lewis and CK Chesterson.

2 Likes

I think his hatred for AA could ironically be some kind of higher power if he’s still sober.

Whatever place his head is at, I hope he finds peace, it’s a lesson on the damage alcohol can cause to our mental state.

4 Likes

Hahahaahah, awesome !

( Under false premise etc …mad me laugh so hard)

1 Like

I’m a bit more pessimistic regarding his current state of sobriety. I believe he’s returned to drinking, blames this forum for his relapse, and is seeking satisfaction for the perceived slight.

1 Like

Very common household dynamic description. Even my own mother gave me that analysis 20 years before enlightening my own brood. :joy:

1 Like

@Yoda-Stevie - I loved the ‘turd in the punchbowl’ analogy you used in one of the retorts…

1 Like

Thanks for the education, I’m fairly new to this type of communicative interaction with others. I did see a couple questionable conversations which started to turn me off. I certainly appreciate the value of this forum and certainly find it very helpful in my journey. I may not post a lot but, thanks for keeping it real.

I used to like to tell my daughters, before they moved out on their own, “You can be an adult or a dependent - you don’t get to be both”

1 Like

Don’t let the trolls turn you off. They have one purpose, and that is to try to mess with people’s heads. Fortunately, they are few and far between. Every community has its “antisocial” elements, and this one is no different. The key, I think, is to quickly identify the troll, and notify the mods. They have tools to peel back the poster’s ID, and can determine if they are a troll.

If you go to a party, and 19 people greet you with a smile and a handshake, and 1 shows up and makes an uncomfortable scene, remember there are 19 people who are happy you are there. The 1 who doesn’t know how to be a good guest, doesn’t matter.

1 Like

This is my first day back on in about a week. I already know exactly the one you are speaking of. I am surprised he isn’t hanging out in the gym on his yacht doing 100 pull ups…lol. Anyway(all joking aside)…I will pray for him. It must be a desperate and lonely place he is in. My first thought is hurt people, hurt people. He can’t handle whatever misery he is enduring and wants company. So let’s only respond to him with kindness. Of course that is only my opinion. Glad to be back.

5 Likes

Good advice!

Ok. Got it.:+1:

So sad that I missed this. I usually feed the trolls arsenic.

It is sad that there are individuals that do such things. I have always been of the mindset to not engage people online who are being hateful or aggressive. There is now way to win when someone just hides behind a keyboard. Booting them from a group and ignoring them works perfectly.

1 Like

Trolling isn’t all bad. I do it on opposing sports teams forums and it can actually be quite amusing until I get the Banhammer

1 Like

Random coincidence zombie thread? Had to re-read it myself.

4 Likes

Do we have a problem troll?

2 Likes

Yes. RBG thread. He’s getting taken to task pretty well, but he’s trying to hold his own. I suspect he’ll be off the forum tomorrow.

2 Likes

I see. Don’t feed the trolls.

3 Likes

So the mods have informed me.

2 Likes