Dreaming about drinking

I am a 101 days sober today and I feel great! I do get worried that I can eventually relapse I even have dreams about it. Does anyone else dream about using?

3 Likes

Iā€™m 255 days in and still have vivid using dreams. For some reason, I never use in my dream. I always have a cop behind me and get rid of it. Weirdā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I had a drinking dream but just last night I dreamt that I was putting all sorts of used glasses in the dishwasher. In my dream I stopped, looked at them, questioned them, and then decided ā€œit must not have been me drinking, I donā€™t drink,it must have been my guests.ā€ I found it amusing that in a dream I stopped and analyzed the drinking situation.

Dreams are completely normal and very common.

5 Likes

I dreamt about drinking last night.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve definitely had my share of drinking dreams. They used to mess me up for a while after I woke up but now that I know the feeling of them Iā€™m okay. I donā€™t know if they ever stop but I learned to deal with them differently. Thatā€™s not to say Iā€™m a pro, havenā€™t had a really bad drinking dream in a while, just kind of ā€œnormalā€ ones.

1 Like

Yep, 14 months sober and dreamt it last nightā€¦ is just another anxiety dream :slight_smile: such a relief to wake up sober

2 Likes

I had a dream the other night about shooting up heroin and I have been clean off that for 7 yearsšŸ¤”

4 Likes

I see this a lot on the forum, people having using dreams or drinking dreams, Iā€™ve been clean off oxycodone for 57 days and I havent had a dream where I was doing oxy, weird but Iā€™m kind of glad, Iā€™d probably wake up and be going crazy smh

2 Likes

Iā€™m at day 96 and have had 4 or so drinking dreamsā€¦ Weird though, I woke up sober everytimešŸ™ƒ

4 Likes

Iā€™m 90 days today. I have had a dream or two over my 90 days, but I have had one the last 4 nights in a row. Very real feeling. I even feel the hangover coming on in my dream. Wake up feeling relieved!

2 Likes

Me too still having drinking dreams ā€¦ thought was just me

1 Like

Iā€™m addicted to heroin and pain pills and I dream about using them along with other drugs all the time.

1 Like

My last bad one involved drinking because I was at a music festival to interview an artist and thatā€™s what I was ā€œsupposedā€ to do. I never ended up meeting said artist and all of a sudden I was completely filled with loathing and anger at myself, as well as fear of what I would smell like when I went back to my actual job in real life, and the start of the worst hangover. In the dream I got as far as packing my shit and preparing to leave before I woke up. That was the worst one of ever had. In the dream there was no sobriety, I was still active in my drinking and it was expected. But then it turned on me and suddenly i WAS in sobriety. I could taste and smell whisky and beer. When I woke up I could taste and smell the stale, day after nastiness.

After that one, Iā€™m not sure i will ever be that phased.

And btw, Iā€™ve never been to a music festival and Iā€™m a restaurant manager. Not anything near a reporter. So fxking weird!

1 Like

I use to have heavy dreams of using my doc and even pot in the beginning and I would wake up craving to use but one night I had a dream about my doc and I turned it down and I remember just waking up happy. Iā€™ve been saying it for so long awake that it finally processed into my dream

1 Like

Definitely donā€™t miss those days of getting pulled over while trying to get my fix on

1 Like

Itā€™s a scary feeling tho, waking up and thinking u used. I have to take drug tests too and it has scared the shit out of me before.

I had a dream last night where I was at a work function and very drunk and I was making very inappropriate comments to the CEO and other upper management folks. In my dream I thought everyone was on the same ā€œwave lengthā€ as me, but as a 3rd person observer, they were annoyed and angry at my behavior. I woke up and felt disgusted and embarrassed because that is something I would have done in a past life. It sucks, but serves as a reminder.

2 Likes

So, after posting 3 days ago how much better i was handling dreams, I got emotionally kicked in the face. Had the mother of all using dreams last night and my day has been out of whack. Guess a wakeup call was in order and my mind DEFINITELY provided it. Ughh!

1 Like

I have these dreams about smoking weed ALL the time! Iā€™m 6 months clean and should be just as far along with the alcoholā€¦ but I struggle far more with that. Iā€™ve restarted my counter and Iā€™m almost at 3 days sober; but even yesterday I had a drinking dream and felt just as guilty as if though Iā€™d failed myself. Truth is, although I experience the drinking and guiltā€¦ Iā€™d much rather experience it in my dreams having felt both the satisfaction of the experience and knowing it was followed by guilt than to have had any of it been a reality. I see it as a coping mechanism.

I totally feel you on that one