Dreaming about resetting!

dreaming that I was drinking and told myself oh it’s okay if you have one you can just reset your time.

Anyone else have these dreams?

It’s my first one of me telling myself I can just reset my time. I have had dreams before that I was drunk but not like this one. Now I feel as if it is okay to just have one. But deep deep down inside I know it’s not the answer. But doesn’t stop my feelings in my head to just have a beer.

1 Like

I’ve definitely had dreams of drinking/getting high before. Don’t let it twist your brain, focus and eyes on the prize :slight_smile:

I recently quit weed along with my DOC, and just recently began having dreams again (i dont dream, or at least i dont remember them, if i smoke before bed). One was about weed…i dreamt i was getting high by shoving weed into my socks and in between my toes!!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve never had one where my mind was trying to justify drinking like that-our minds are a funny thing.

I literally just had one two nights ago where I was wasted drunk. It was terrible!!! I think it’s because I was hitting my 60 days and I’ve been thinking about wanting to drink more lately.

Deep deep down we know we can’t have just one.

2 Likes

It’s funny how milestines make those voices in our heads seem louder. When I hit 30 days I started hearing the ‘you can have just one’ chorus. It’s almost as if small measures of success convince us that we can have the control that has always eluded us. My most effective tool has been to “let the tape play until the end.”. Visualize having that one drink, remember the shame and self-loathing that will come back immediately, and the inevitable hangover of the next morning, wondering what I did the night before. I’m finding myself having to do it more often as I approach 60 days.

5 Likes

Good reminder! I need to keep that tool in my bag… Playing it out to the end. I might be able to have one, but I would eventually get to the point of having many and feeling the worst!!

I’m happy we’re still here :hibiscus:.:heart:

3 Likes

I dreamt the other night that I had gotten so many pain pills and took them one after one. Woke up crying and sweating. I think it’s part of the withdrawal phase. Good luck to you xx

1 Like

I myself have a couple more days till I hit 60 days and been wanting a drink but I know it’s not the answer and I won’t be able to just have one. It will lead me to having one that day maybe than having two the next and so on and so on till I hit a point I am like fuck I did it again.

Which I don’t want one of those moments again.

3 Likes

Good luck to you as well! Stay strong!

1 Like

29 days and 12 hrs. Serious cravings. Not worrying about my shame, always thinking of the disappoinment of my wife. And the dreams are real too. Mine usually hit in the morning, reinforcing the cravings. So glad I get to wake up and snap out of it.

2 Likes

Good luck to you! Monday will be my day 60 if all goes well.

3 Likes

Exactly! That would be my progression as well. And I just can’t do that to myself anymore. It’s so nice having people relate.

2 Likes

It truely is! Instead of having people go “oh nothing is wrong with that” or “you can just have one”

Most of my friends all have drinking problems and some are aware of it and are completely okay with it. And some have no idea that they have a problem.

They just look at me different now and most don’t hang out because being social for them is drinking. So coming on here and talking to people that understand exactly what I am going through is huge for me on staying sober this time!

3 Likes

Mine is Tuesday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are doing great!

1 Like

Wheeee!!! Go us!!!

1 Like

Definitely in the early days of not drinking, I had/have a ton of crazy dreams involving alcohol!! It’s so disconcerting sometimes.

1 Like

MADE IT !!

2 Likes

I had one last night, I had beer and white wine, I felt terrible and was thinking how I’d blown 400 days, then I realised in the dream it was a dream and woke up relieved.

First in a long time.

2 Likes

I would wake up in a panic, with that many days behind me