Dreams about relapsing

Dreams about drinking are the worst!!! You wake up believing you really drank and you get so disappointed in yourself. Good thing my body told me different this morning!!! :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

So weird how common this is. I think there are quite a few threads on it already. The dreams are so disturbing haha

Yep, I still have them occasionally as well even though I have no desire to drink. Not sure what causes them!

There are tons of threads that have already been created on the topic if you want more info, here’s a thread where I posted links to a bunch of other threads on the same topic:

Why do we have Drinking dreams?

Have had them a few times. Mostly my dreams are if other things and I have done dream therapy with my therapist. Worth a try if you see a therapist. But yea does feel horrible waking up with that pit in your stomach.

Sometimes it’s hard to shake that bad juju off and get into your day. I hate that feeling of failure but these are a normal part of our recovery journey. :purple_heart:

The last one I had made me cry and I don’t cry. I just couldn’t shake it. I like how you think. It’s a sign we’re succeeding in our recovery. I need to remember that.

Im only 4 months sober. And also 4 months into being diagnosed with cptsd, severe aniexty. Yanno, the works. Just trying to get the ball rolling with all these doctors and therapist is like jumping through hoops.

Anyways, long story short, ive been routinely reliving my worst fears and traumas through my dreams and its so mentally defeating.

Yes! I had those the first year they sucked. Luckily don’t have them at all anymore.

1 Like