Drink(s) of choice?

I’ve just completed my 3rd 100 hrs sober and I’m feeling pretty good :slight_smile:

Not trying to trigger or anything, but when I was at my worst, I had a tough time saying no to beer. Second is wine. I find if it’s only hard liquor around me, I will drink it, but I don’t go through nearly as much of it.

How bout you guys?

6 Likes

Wine, hands down was my drink of choice. Cab, specifically. Recently, my cravings have been spiking like crazy. But I’m just about to reach 100 days and I won’t ruin it for anything! Feels too good. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Wine Pinot Grigio. I could easily go through two bottles a night. Then I would wake up in the middle of the night with the worst dry throat and mouth completely dehydrated and hungover and my hands would swell so much that my rings almost cut off circulation. Now I wake up rested and am able to sleep through the whole night without having to stumble into the kitchen for a gallon of water…

10 Likes

1st was Jack Daniel’s.
2nd was White Wine.
3rd was mixers.

2 Likes

40 oz old English

2 Likes

Vodka.
The easy quick fix. :worried:

4 Likes

Wine and a couple of pints of beer to start with.

1 Like

…and it mixes with “anything”…

2 Likes

Jack n Diet all day every day

2 Likes

I’m with you I love(d) beer and wine and never cared much for hard liquor.

2 Likes

Rum for the most part of my use followed by whiskey and beer. My last ever drink was a vodka though. I didn’t like vodka very much… But in the end, I don’t like any of them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lager- most of the time

Guiness / real ale - occasionally

Wine- when I was desperate

2 Likes

Cheap Vodka and Redbull was my first. But redbulls are expensive so my number 2 was Cheap vodka and Monster or Rockstar. Those friggin energy drinks have so much sugar and bad shit in them that when I quit drinking I lost almost 60 lbs.!!!

5 Likes

Apple cider or stout. Last time I got drunk it was with apple cider and I have painful memories of the day after, just thinking about it, it still hurts :weary:

2 Likes

I was making my own beer. IPAs a lot of the time. Then i got into mixers and had a full bar going then i got into whisky specifically scotch. A couple of months ago i poured out alot of liquor enough bottles to fill the big blue barrel. That was an empowering feeling.

2 Likes

Same here! If not Barton’s, Viaka. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Cheapest Vodka I could find. Coulsons, Caliber, Rare Reserve, Prestige. Didn’t matter what really, I drank anything. Preferred Smirnoff, also like Tullamore Dew.

2 Likes

Alcohol. All of it. Yours, mine and theirs. I would drink it all.

For a while I was drinking high end scotch because I thought I was sophisticated. Even though after I finished a 3 finger rocks glass I would smash the glass on the floor. Trust me when I say that the bars were less than happy about that.

I also had a 4 loko phase where I would black out and come to a few towns away shoeless and alone…

My God, I was really shitty at drinking.

8 Likes

Ugh, I do not miss those days. LSD definitely put me in some odd situations. I’m glad you survived your craziness so we can reminisce about days gone by. Bad days, but days none the less.

1 Like

I mean this in a loving way and definitely include myself, but seriously, what idiots we were.

4 Likes