Dry drunk & frozen

I’ve been sober 4 months & 17 days. So depressed this week I don’t want to get out of bed.

I wish I had 4 months and 17 days!

2 Likes

This too shall pass :innocent:

3 Likes

I’ve not worked the steps. I’m frustrated and don’t want to move a muscle. It’s like the worst hangover I’ve ever had

3 Likes

Maybe your sick?

1 Like

I’m an alcoholic. Dry. I’d say I’m sick. I really was 2 days ago with nausea. But I wonder if it’s all in my head.

Do you have to be anywhere today? If not then just eek by today. Do a crossword puzzle or candy crush. Just take it as it comes and go to bed tonight. Tomorrow will come.

2 Likes

So just do something? I should go to work but that’s too much. I took a week off. Not sure I will have a job to go back to. But I’m embarrassed I’m like this and truthfully I don’t care about much right now. I just don’t know what can get me out of this bed

I felt the same around the same time. I made my environment as comfortable as possible and I treated myself like I had flu. Hot water bottle, extra blankets on the bed and plenty of warm drinks. I closed the blinds and I took care of me. Everything and everyone else came when I felt stronger. I know it’s not always easy to just stay home but if you can, take a couple of days for yourself. I hope you feel better soon my friend :pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Did you do step 4 before this time?

Don’t get out of bed. You took the week off. I am starting a new job tomorrow after 18 years at my other job. You’re allowed to stay in bed if you need too. Just stay in the mindset of wanting to be sober. I know I want to be. I like having my brain cells reconnect with me. I’m actually losing my stutter which is good. Drinking made it hard to form words sometimes for me. It’s the little things that will get you through today. 4 months is awesome. Play useless phone games. I like “doors”

3 Likes

No. I don’t go to AA. Do you think you feel this way because of step 4? X

I totally agree with @Blake11 on this one… stay where you are and take time for yourself… this too shall pass x

1 Like

I think so. It’s too much to relive. I don’t want to do it. I’ve thought of things in the past and now I don’t even know where to start. I thought I was doing good and now I just feel overwhelmed with fear. If I write all this stuff down and anyone sees it outside of aa it will be the worst thing ever.

Maybe your brain is recovering a lot this week and is sucking up all your other energy? Healing. Just take it easy. Can wait to hear from you soon and know you made it passed this dark time

1 Like

Hey Nikki,
I’ve been there too. Is there anything you want to get off your chest here? What’s been on your mind lately?

2 Likes

Maybe talk to your sponsor about the difficulty you are having. You don’t have to do step 4 right this second. If it’s causing you so much stress maybe slow down a bit, but stay honest about why.

3 Likes

No one outside of AA will see it. As I understand it it’s between you and your sponsor.? I’m sure that there is no rush for this step to be done… try not to let it weigh heavy on you my friend. You are doing an amazing job, nearly 5 months is fantastic. There is someone on here that has literally been sharing his steps and thoughts with this forum. His is an amazing journey to follow. @Fargesia_murielae I’m sure he would be able to help you with the worry that you feel over step 4. Please keep talking to us here, we are all hear for you…anytime ! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ve made so many bad choices. I didn’t think I had amends to make because the one person still alive in my family has dementia. I’ve tried to make all my amends through out my life because i don’t like leaving things broken. But someone in aa said a good start might just be start writing down all the people who have really pissed me off I just have a problem with pen to paper.