Eating disorder recovery check in thread (Trigger Warning)

Day 6 disordered eating free. Checking in and sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs to all!

7 Likes

Checking in here.
I have had disordered eating since I was 14. Mainly b/p but periods of restriction as well. It has always been the pattern that either alcohol/drugs, or my ED, have been more prominent and this has cycled on and on over the years.
I am happy to say though, that 51 days into sobriety from alcohol, I have only had a handful of bad eating days. This is SUCH a huge change from my m.o.
I think what has helped is Iā€™ve purposefully stopped tracking my calorie intake on my fitbit app. I recognise that this either encourages me to keep the numbers low, or gives me a fā€™ it mentality if I see the numbers are already above my comfort zone, so Iā€™ll just inhale food and, well, you know.
I canā€™t say Iā€™m feeling comfortable about food all the time, but I am practicing gratitude and meditation and I really think this is helping me to have a new appreciation for what I have, and is stopping me from getting into that dissociative state where I will b/p.
It is small steps, but Iā€™m proud of myself and just wanted to share it here.
I hope everyone here is having a good day.
:heart::v:

8 Likes

One week no disordered eating :smile: super motivated to.keep this going. Hugs and good thoughts to everyone, stay strong :muscle:

6 Likes

Good job Jenny, keep it up! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yesterday and today I have been feeling the effects of having gluten.
And yet,
I seem to have just run towards it.
I had a grilled cheese sandwich yesterday, and some white castle sliders today.
:weary:

I have been giving in to cravings for ā€œcomfort foodā€ or quick food, or ā€œI donā€™t have energy to cookā€ food.

I am frustrated with myself for it. Tomorrow is another day to choose health over convenienceā€¦ hopefully I can stick to rice and veggies

7 Likes

8 days disordered eating free, need to hit the shops today, so will be calling on my higher power to get me through temptations. Have a great day everyone :grinning:

4 Likes

Great work, well done on 1 week :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So happy I made 10 days

9 Likes

Struggling a bit today. Itā€™s so strange how your eyes can see one thing but you know in your logical brain itā€™s not true. Body dysmorphia sux! I am using all my tools today to remain present and sober. Hugs to all!

5 Likes

Congrats on 2 weeks!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Yes, congratulations on 2 weeks! Thatā€™s great, keep it up! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations @Jenny1972 :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you very much :blush:

2 Likes

Forgot to post my 20 days, now at day 21, one day at a time :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Well done on 20+ days @Jenny1972 ,youā€™re doing do well :blush:

3 Likes

Iā€™m quite proud of myself as well.
Iā€™m starting to notice my depression is upping its game right now. This is usually a trigger for my ED-dissociative eating, purging=unhealthy stress release coping mechanism.
Yesterday I ate a pasta dinner that mske me feel uncomfortably full, then my daughter made cookies and I had one on an already full stomach. I caught myself starting to get ready for a binge and took myself off to do a guided meditation. My brain calmed down (and my food stayed down). This was a real win for me that required attention, effort and using my sobriety tools.
Iā€™m even going to have breakfast and lunch today I hope :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Thank you, and great job on your progress as well, we got this!!

4 Likes