Eating disorder recovery check in thread (Trigger Warning)

Hey, there has been a couple requests to make a thread for all/general eating disorders. So I made this one, feel free to check in. Make sure to use TWs as needed when describing eating disorder behaviors. You can also post personal recovery wins. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman @Jenny1972 Here ya go! Have a good night, I will keep an eye on this thread. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you sooo much!!! Its very kind of u to start this thread up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Checking in with a couple myself.
Depending on my mind for the day, I either won’t eat, or eat too much.
I’ve still been trying to eat a meal a day, but honestly sometimes I forget to keep track and then I think back… Did I eat? Am I hungry? Have I eaten too much?
Thank you for this thread hun :heartbeat::people_hugging:

9 Likes

Joining this thread :point_up:t2:

8 Likes

This is so great, thank you!

6 Likes

Day 14, almost relapsed, but stopped myself and made a healthy choice. I sm glad i did. One hour at a time.

8 Likes

Great job on stopping yourself from relapsing! That’s awesome, keep it up! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Great thread, thank you @Aleyadaisey :pray:
I’m grateful I had 3 days in a row without overeating. Little wins :sunflower:

6 Likes

You’re welcome, I hope you are able to get the support you need here! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I start adressing my overeating issue slowly, other issues were and some still are prior to it. It’s nice to have a thread to come over with this issue too :hugs:
I’m mostly on the gratitude thread, my home thread :pray:

6 Likes

Made it through my daughters bday, but it was very difficult. I cried after she went to sleep, but woke up with a new gratitude that having a sober mom is the best gift I can give her, and myself. Two days disordered eating free, I am determined!

6 Likes

Hi Jenny, do you go to OA meetings? It helps.

2 Likes

I went a few times, but it wasn’t the right fit. I am thinking to try a different location, or try online and see if that’s better.

4 Likes

They are on- line, you csn listen, take what you like and leave the rest.

3 Likes

Day 5 disordered eating free, determined to stay that way

5 Likes

I haven’t been eating the wrong amount of food really…
But I have been eating food with wheat. My body is not happy and I am hoping today I will make better food choices

5 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread.

TW restricting

Since losing weight by not binging and generally being careful I seem to have developed a fear of putting it back on. I have lost and gained so many times, I guess. The feeling of being full upsets me. Feeling hungry is the only time I can relax. I have been skipping any meals that I don’t eat with family. And then eating only a little then, claiming I ate a lot earlier. I know this is not good, and will likely trigger binging later. And also is probably tanking my metabolism.

11 Likes

OA approach helps, eating 3 meals a day, abstaining from trigger foods like sugar and flour. Obsessing about is not healthy. The most important thing is to be healthy, mind and body.

6 Likes