Embarrassed,The first song you bought

Someone who likes the Thompson twins got me thinking, what was the very first single, album, cassette, CD, download you ever bought.
My first single on 7" vinyl was Madonna like a virgin and the first cassette (full album) was bon Jovi, slippery while wet. I’ve come along way since.

7 Likes

I like this Paul.
First vinyl album I bought for myself was Mud Rock by Mud
First vinyl single I bought was Rhythm Stick by Ian Dury and the blockheads.
First cassette tape I bought was probably something by Madness or the Specials, I can’t really remember as I had been tapeing a lot of stuff. I can still remember when my dad brought home his first Tape to Tape deck. Opened up a whole new world.
First CD I bought was Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd, because I’d heard how the sound quality was “supposed” to be better.
I’ve not actually bought a download as I stream through Spotify but I have a load of downloaded stuff through them. Can’t remember what the first one was though.

4 Likes

Very first cassette tape I owned was grade one. The Culture Club (Boy George) in the early 80/‘s lol. We had lots of vinyl for our big honkin old stereo but I didn’t own those. Wait, I did own a Sesame Street vinyl and other records. Loved playing those. Had my own little record player with a penny to weigh down the arm lol

6 Likes

rhythm stick. :joy:. Don’t make them like that anymore. Hope your well bud.

1 Like

loved his songs in the film electric dreams.

I’m good thanks matey. Living the dream!

1 Like

I honestly cannot remember the first song/album I bought, but it was probably Pink Floyd. I do remember the first record I got. It was a Blondie 45 that I played on my Fonzie record player, aaaaaaaayy :+1:

16 Likes

Same and now I’m embarrassed as well… You sure we ain’t related??? :notes::joy::notes:

3 Likes

First album I bought was Bobby Brown- Don’t Be Cruel on cassette, from K-Mart.

4 Likes

Fist song is difficult to remember but my first album was either Duran Duran Arena or Spandeau Ballet (forget name).

3 Likes

Not sure if it was the first album but it was on that first CD order from Columbia House: the greatest hits of Poison.

5 Likes

Mine was either Wilson Philips or Richard Marx. First concert I ever went to was Richard Marx. Funny thing is, I don’t remember a single song he ever did.

3 Likes

Do the Bartman on 7" :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Ace of Base - The Sign
Green Day - Cookie

Both when I was in 3rd grade.

8 Likes

Oh man! I forgot about this one! That may have been my first cassette, actually. I did a weird dance with some friends for a talent show in third grade to that song.

3 Likes

you don’t tell people this :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
you need to go to Bartman anonymous.

2 Likes

No shame :sweat_smile: I had The Simpsons Sing the Blues album on cd aswell. I bet I could still sing along to most of it. Homer singing ‘Born under a Bad Sign’ is classic stuff :grin:

2 Likes

Post must be at least 10 characters… Here… :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I loved that CD. I must have listened to that one about a 1000 times. Awesome music.

2 Likes

My first record was Ernie’s Hits from Sesame Street.

Hey! What do you expect. I was only 4.

My first pop record was Freeze Frame, by the J. Giels Band.

My first cassette that I bought was Debbie Gibson’s first album. The one with the song, Only in my Dreams. I had it real bad for her. It was not healthy.

9 Likes