Embarrassed ugh

Thank you! I look forward to that degree of happiness as well!

1 Like

I feel like I am the same way as you. Don’t give up :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

You can do it, we can do it! It’s tough but not is impossible!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Kudos to you for accepting that, and then finding help right away and considering meetings.

My mom called me an alcoholic years ago, way before I myself acknowledged I was one in earnest. I did not like it, I did not accept it, I basically removed her from my life for a while. She was right.

Welcome to Talking Sober, so much to read and relate too. I joined this place when I was about 40 days sober, have visited every single day since I joined and I haven’t slipped in that time, almost 4 years. I don’t view that as a coincidence.

Being an alcoholic isn’t a death sentence, doesn’t make you boring… I didn’t start to actually enjoy life until I did get sober lol. Enjoy your journey.

6 Likes

We do get to choose what our “Rock bottom” moment is. Wise of you to choose this moment. You could have waited to choose something worse, like a dui, or making a fool of yourself in front of people whose opinions matter to you. You could have waited until your spouse was fed-up enough to leave.

But not you. You are choosing this moment, and you shall be better for it.

6 Likes

Heard in meetings : Do you know what they call a high functioning alcoholic? A drunk.

I needed to hear that early on, because I still had some denial working to convince myself I was “better than them”.

A good starting point in the forum is this one. And I’m always glad to see new folks reaching out and getting sober.

3 Likes

I am the same. I am a binge drinker I don’t drink everyday but when I do it’s a mess. The drinking is starting to affect not only my emotions but my work, ethics and morals! I got so drunk last week to where I don’t remember getting home or who even brought me home. I’m just tired of being tired! I need to do something ASAP because if not I can see this getting worst :disappointed:

5 Likes

I really appreciate what you said. Thank you :blush:

1 Like