Enough is enough 21

Today I realised the hard way that alcohol has completely taken over I isolated myself so I could slowly destroy myself. Please help guide me back to the light!

10 Likes

Welcome Josh.
I’m glad you found us.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:
Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Hi Josh, glad you found us! :raising_hand_woman:
What has helped me a lot in the beginning of my sobriaty was absorb everything I could find about recovery and how to do it.
So I read here a lot, listened to recovery podcasts (like Recovery elevator), read books about it (like Allen Carr, The big book from AA, etc)
I tried multiple tips and incorpered all the ones that suits me and skipped the ones who don’t.
At the end I had my own filled “toolbox” to work with. This kept me sober for more than 3 years now.
See you around!

4 Likes

This was me 8 days ago! Things can get a lot better in a short space of time. The biggest step for me was choosing better for myself. I had to feel like absolute crap to finally make that decision but 8 days on the relief is immense…
Yes! Enough! You deserve so much better and you CAN do it. Mind yourself :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Welcome Josh :hugs: I hope you’ll stick around and find this community as helpful and supportive as I have :green_heart:

2 Likes

You can do it one day at a time. One thread I have found really helpful is Checking in Daily

1 Like

Glad you’re here and I do hope you are doing better today. Remember, once we become a pickle there’s no going back to being a cucumber. But that’s not the end of the world and we have so much more to do, see & have that’s happy for us and others we love. Forget about yesterday, it’s gone & you can’t do shit about it. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Just focus on today, and I say today I don’t want or need to drink. See ya around!

1 Like

Thank you all for the wonderful support Im currently on day two and am feeling stronger by the day. I know I have to control myself by putting sobriety at the front of the que.
I’m keeping a journal which helps to keep track of my thoughts.
I know this is cliche but 1 day at a day time.
Stay strong everyone!

3 Likes

You got this!
I just hit day 7 and in no time at all so you will!
This website has been great at helping to keep my focus, hopefully it will do the same for you.
Stay strong friend!

2 Likes

I don’t find this to be a cliche but a vital quote to live by! Some days seem like a breeze but taking life on life’s terms can be an open ended invitation for trouble just as much as a coping skill. If we haven’t established those healthy mechanisms unfortunately old habits die hard and we get complacent. My addict is always ready to go. Ready to just go off and do my thing because it’s an easy out. Personally those hard days before building my toolbox and wholeheartedly putting my sobriety above all else almost had me. I don’t have near as much time as anybody else and some days I have to to go minute by minute, hour by hour. I’ve been working more and hitting meetings nearly every night because I know my coping skills are shit…. But through this group and with the support of my local fellowship I’m slowing gaining the tools I need to better myself for myself. I wish you the best! Keep posting this is an absolutely amazing forum and I honestly wouldn’t have made it this far without the support of this group. Welcome :pray:t2: :hugs::heart:

2 Likes