Eurovision fans unite 🇪🇺

Any fellow Eurovision fans in the house? It’s that time of year again.

I am a big Eurovision fan. As a child it was one of those family evenings where I was allowed to stay up late. Everyone had a favourite. Everyone had an opinion… or two. I was allowed to call in once or twice to vote. I have such good memories.

I didn’t watch Eurovision for years once I was grown up and moved out. But a couple of years ago I really got back into it. Now watching the semi finals, following the selection process and keeping an eye on the favourites.

So… let me know, if you got the Eurovision fever, too. Are you rooting for your own country, or are you embarrassed by it?

Let’s talk the biggest music contest!!!
Share your stories and memories.
:squid:

6 Likes

There’s only one all-time best Eurovision song, and this is it.

(Father Ted episode where they write a song for a competition clearly meant to parody Eurovision)

Being a Yank, that’s the only valuable contribution I have :yum:

3 Likes

I’m hopeful this year again… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: @HolySquid .

Sam Ryder not winning was a travesty…

1 Like

Yeah, Olly Alexander has a catchy song and the stage performance is really sexy.

I think we have a chance. But as I’m originally from Germany I switch my loyalties around as I please :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha. I usually pick my top five then cheer them on. I’m usually on holiday during it as it’s my birthday soon. It’s an added bonus to watch while away after a BBQ hopefully. Sad, but true.

1 Like

Even though the US doesn’t take part, I’m sure you are allowed to vote.
Check out Bambi Thug for Ireland - that’s one for the category “Weird, but not necessarily wonderful”

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything of it yet but deffinitely going to watch the finals :eyes:
I think our Dutch contribution is going to end up high in the rankings but won’t win unfortunally.

2 Likes

Watched the football ,

1 Like

As a Swede I guess to have to be involved here :laughing:

Unfortunately I get tired of the entire Eurovision thing sometime in like February.
It’s like an endless thing here, at first we’ve got multiple contests that are broadcasted until they eventually have choosen a winner for the official Swedish song contest. The winner of the Swedish song contest goes to Eurovision.

When I was a kid it was another thing the Eurovision day was very festive, we’ve got snacks and gathered friends and family to watch. Nowadays it’s not the same because it feels like done and Constant. It’s sad.

2 Likes

That is exactly how I remember Eurovision from my childhood. With lots of family and friends gathered around in the living room. Whoever had the biggest telly at the time would host. Snacks and maybe some games beforehand. It was an event like Christmas or new year.
I miss it

2 Likes

I’m originally from Germany, but in the UK since 2005. So I don’t keep up with German music at all. But last years entry “Lord of the Lost” I liked so much, I bought the album. And I’m quite the fan now.
They still came last, I think :rofl:

2 Likes

We don’t see it here in Canada but on the news yesterday they played a song…I feel it was a Croatian Rap?? (Google tells my it was Baby Lasagna). Anyways, cheesy song but incredibly fun!!

3 Likes

It’s inspired with Criatian ethnic instrument and traditional 5-tone scale and - Rammstein.

I hope they show it here in the US on Peacock again…I absolutely love it!!! :heart:

1 Like

The bookmakers think that this song is going to win the contest! :smile:

1 Like

Yesterday we decided to invite some people to watch the songcontest together. Looking forward to it. Haven’t seen anything from it yet (on purpose) so all songs are new for me saturday to watch. Going to buy loads of cheese, crisps, baguette, nuts and all to go with :yum::yum::yum:

4 Likes

Probably why the showed it on our news. It seemed like an odd story to show here. :joy:

I do not understand you @VSue , sorry :hugs:

What’s happened? Maybe our Dutch contribution Joost Klein isn’t allowed to perform tonight?
All a mystery here about what happened. Maybe some bad interaction with a journalist they say?

1 Like

Cannot wait! Love Graham Norton’s (UK presenter) commentary…he gets sassier as the night progresses :joy:. I went to see it live in Liverpool last year and it was an absolute trip. I haven’t watched any of the acts this year yet, so it’s all going to be new and exciting tonight wooooo

2 Likes