Everyone ready for the Solar Eclipse

Here in SC, it will be a full Solar Eclipse!!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=solar+eclipse+2017+map&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZu7Dcg-bVAhUJySYKHT1uDLQQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=617#imgrc=hwRi2dSveU5JPM:

5 Likes

Hmm I figured this would be your thing Angie. Itā€™s the experience of real life Mother Nature and itā€™s mysterious timing. Iā€™m not quite in the exact part as far as total eclipse but just a few miles from there (okay in western Kansas logic anyway) and I am looking forward to experiencing it. Iā€™m not taking time off but I am planning a outdoor job for Monday.

2 Likes

Uea! I live in Portland oregon so I will a good view. Got my glasses. And made boxes for my two girls to.watch. they have glasses too. I am going down to my parents house for a better view and family te! Hope traffic is not bad. Enjoy everyone! !!! $:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes but this is a total solar eclipse and to experience it in person is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Hotel rooms are booked here, and going for over 1000 dollars for Monday night! It is insane! http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/what_you_see.htm

2 Likes

I was up at the area of totality for the anniversary weekend and drove my happy ass back home 2 hours. But I do love to soak up Nature. The coolest thing here lately was that blood moon. Damn doesnā€™t get better than that. But I live where you can see for miles anytime.

2 Likes

Cool. What is a blood moon? Obviosly Red?

obviously****

Last October. It was red maybe orange ish. So full It was kinda creepy. I wish I would of had my camera then. My cell phone didnā€™t do it justice. Iā€™ll post a picture if I can. Lol

1 Like

And the blood moon is kinda depending how you want want to look at it has some biblical reference. I just liked the color and watching it rise.

2 Likes

Fun! I know my nephew and his father and a friend are making a little roadtrip. From San Francisco to Oregon to see it.

I have a buddy that prepared for the eclipse by buying 50,000 pairs of thos glasses to sell on eBay. Lol. Back a few years ago when there was that big Eboli scare her bought a bunch of like Hazmat suits and sold em on eBay. Made a killing.
Capitolismā€¦ Gotta love itšŸ˜‰

4 Likes

That was 26 years ago?? Sheesh! I remember that. I was also a kid in school

2 Likes

Where were you at for the eclipse?

The last total eclipse in the USA was in 1979 and could only be viewed in Canada and Washington State. My Grandfather was born in 25 and passed in 2014 so imo it is more than a ā€œlifetimeā€ experience. Unless you travel to another country.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦it was not very visible from there lol.

1 Like

Ready to go!

2 Likes

I will save my retinas. I might need them someday lol.

. Here is it from my back yard at about 1/2 way. Iā€™ll try to get full one to

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. Just starting a bit here.

When I try to zoom in on that picture I canā€™t find the sun so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth me trying the full eclipse?

1 Like