Everyone welcome please. The struggle is real

Hi everyone. I first off want to say hello and I am an addict. Man everything from pill to coke to alcohol. I am pulling through this and I just wanted to tell every addict on here you matter to me. It’s a hard road we travel and if you’ve never been down it you don’t know. I just wanted to say each and every one of you have this. Just keep putting in the days and they will turn to weeks months and lord bless years. I love and understand each of you. I

21 Likes

Thanks man
That means a lot to me

There are good days and bad days but sobriety is a way to feel good throughout those days

Stay strong

8 Likes

I’m here my brother. We can make it through this

1 Like

Sober Crew Represent.

3 Likes

Yes and we should be proud of every single day of sobriety. We are all stronger that this and together we can beat it!!!

3 Likes

I’ll be online a lot of the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Heyyyyy Mr zombie
I’m happy to see you posting

Stay awesome and hell yeah sober crew represent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Im happy to have found this forum.
YES YES YES…
The struggle is real. Not everyone understands the difficulties surrounding mental health amd addiction. I know how hard it is trying to explain my addiction struggles to people in my life who have never experienced ANY form of addiction.
Talk about speaking a foreign language.
Looking forward to being involved and connecting woth others. Together we CAN stay sober and learn from one another!!

11 Likes

We are strength in #s and there’s a lot of us. None of us have to do this shit alone ever again. A beautiful team I must say

9 Likes

10-4 my friend

2 Likes

I have enjoyed each read thus far!! I appreciate you all. Each journey is difficult and different from the next. We all have our own struggles.
Together we will not be defeated by addiction!!

4 Likes

Keep giving encouragement
I like it

1 Like

Everyone keep up the good work. Im still sober just having one of those no sleep nights. How does everyone here fell about melatonin. I’ve always wondered how my fellow people think about this. My son is 20 and was diagnosed with autism shortly after 2 years. He has out done every school teacher, doctors, or therapist expiations and has a wonderful quality of life but that is what we give him when he can’t sleep. With me having substance abuse history we have always tried to go natural and this is what was always recommended. My wife has never had trouble sleeping but me 44 my daughter 22 and son 20 have ALWAYS had it. Thank everyone in advance for any advice/replies and I hope the god of your understanding blesses each and every one of you with a wonderful day !!!

5 Likes

Thx for the thread and fellowship friend. I wake at three daily , it gets me . Started napping after work to catch up. Haven’t solved this one yet
Take it easy :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Hey Coleman, thanks for your compassionate words i appreciate them and you, i wish you well on your journey, we are all in this together :pray:

4 Likes

You have a beautiful soul @Coleman21979 thank you for being here with us :heart_hands:

2 Likes

I think melatonin dependence is rare. It can cause vivid dreams (does to me, mind chatter as well, which I do not like). It is my understanding it should only be used in short periods and for short periods of time (a month or two). It helps readjust your natural melatonin level so your sleep cycle evens out.

I know a lot of people take it and find it helpful.

A product I found helpful was Calm powder, that you mix up and drink. Has magnesium in it.

Either would be a more natural suggestion. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Happy Saturday everyone. Spent the day with my wife and some good friends catching up. Me and my family are fixing to look for a movie and make some popcorn. MOVIE NIGHT. Anyone know any good scary movies. Also both my kids are adults so we don’t mind some things but I know I don’t have to ask to keep it clean lol. Everyone here I have spoken to is good people no doubt. If anyone needs to talk hit me up and hope everyone has a great night

3 Likes

This is what I needed to see today! Another day I am here another day forward :two_hearts:

3 Likes

What movie did you end up watching? :grinning::popcorn:

1 Like