Excited to be here

January 3, 2017 I stopped doing meth, and got pregnant. I spent that pregnancy on a sobriety journey, and I was successful. I had a second baby. I married their father. I got everything I wanted.

But I started drinking and smoking pot again. And I have known for awhile that I developed a problem with these substances. I drink and smoke way more then I am willing to admit to.

I have big goals. I’m working on my Masters degree and I love it. I love my kids and my work, my family. I have so many things to be sober for. I want to have another kid. And I want to get everything right this time.

I’m sitting here drinking coffee and writing this. But I’m coming for coffee next.

I woke up and downloaded this app this morning. I even paid for the premium because I figured, even if I am sober for one day I will be spending less money. I want to get ahead and pay off debt.

My one hour mile stones just flashed across my screen.

11 Likes

Well, welcome to the community! Turning motivation into action is so empowering, is it not? :+1:

Here’s a couple of great “starter pack” threads. Use the search tool, too, for finding any topics that interest you.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! So glad you’re here. I’ve found that I’m a happy & healthy drunk in recovery and this place has helped me get there for sure. Again, welcome.

what a wonderful life you have worth really living! i had an alcoholic parent and i would have given anything for him to be sober. so from personal experience i hope you fight the good fight for your kiddos and future babies. and most importantly, for yourself. bc if we don’t start the work with and for ourselves we can’t do it for anyone else. hugs to you. :heart:

Welcome @Expresslove it’s lovely to meet you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you everyone