Explaining Yourself - New Blog post

Hello.

I wrote another blog post today. This one is a bit different and a bit more personal. Have a read.

10 Likes

Thanks @Robin for the blog post. It’s good. It reminds me of a saying that I live by.

There are a lot of people who will tell you who you are and what you should do with your life. And most of them are wrong.

9 Likes

I enjoyed your post, thank you @Robin!

1 Like

Really great post and true words @Robin and I like the analogy.

It reminds me of the old old days my first computer was an Atari 800. The main competitor was The Commodore 64. By almost every measure the Commodore was a better computer - graphics, text, # of games, etc. I was constantly asked why?? Because I loved it. Period. And I loved it until the day it died due to market losses. I learned to program on that Atari and went on to a have a career as a programmer, and have fond memories.

4 Likes

Thank you again @Robin, for this great post. I’ve come to this conclusion in my sobriety now that I’m on a firm foundation. My sobriety lifestyle isn’t a secret. I don’t care what people think and I don’t make fluffy excuses. It’s a choice I’ve made to be a much better version of myself, to help others to the best of my ability, and to never apology or explain it. The people that are worth my time are the ones that have stuck with me through it all.

5 Likes

Absolutely love this post robin.Thank you for sharing.Theres nothing like a long scenic road trip and I will imagine your story the next time someone asks me why I bought something, why I do something or why I dont do something, like drink.:blush:

2 Likes

Hi Robin- Well written! Felt like I was right there along the way. It took me a very long time to stop explaining myself. And that came after I was one of the ones doing the asking back in my younger years. It is also a good reminder for myself to remember that I don’t have to explain myself in many other scenarios either ( with respect to authority and very close loved ones).
Thank you very much!..I offer this…

3 Likes

This was a great blog. And you are exactly correct. I tell people all the time you don’t owe anybody an explanation for why you don’t drink. And you should never be ashamed for being sober. You should be proud of Being Sober It’s a Great accomplishments! There’s a lot of people out there that wish they were sober. Who aren’t able to become sober at this point in their lives. I loved your blog thank you for sharing @Robin

2 Likes