Favorite bible verse(s)?

I’m going to book mark this for later. Sounds good.

2 Likes

Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. John 12:25

4 Likes

The righteousness of the blameless will smooth his way, But the wicked will fall by his own wickedness.
Proverbs 11:5
This is one of them I have so many I love God’s living word,thank you for starting this thread.

1 Like

Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, Lord, are good.
Psalm 25 4-7

Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

2 Likes

Actually meant to give you this one :rofl:

Oh well. I guess there are 2 of them out there.
Have a good one.
:pray:t2:

Sweet thank you,how does one bookmark topics I don’t see the icon on the pages

NM I figured it out lol :laughing:

1 Like

Psalm 23 is my ultimate favorite verse … makes me feel like I can conquer anything despite my sins bc God shows me mercy and walks with me every step of the way

4 Likes

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12‭-‬13

2 Likes

He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
Ecclesiastes 10:8 KJV

Thessalonians 5:6-8 So then let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

5 Likes

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

The lord’s prayer at the end of every AA meeting. All I know.

1 Like

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Gal. 6:3

3 Likes

John 8:12 (NIV edition)

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

2 Likes

Phillipians 4: 6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Not the bible, but a St George’s prayer.

Faithful servant of God and invincible martyr, St. George; favored by God with the gift of faith, and inflamed with an ardent love of Christ, thou didst fight valiantly against the dragon of pride, falsehood, and deceit. Neither pain nor torture, sword nor death could part thee from the love of Christ. I fervently implore thee for the sake of this love to help me by thy intercession to overcome the temptations that surround me, and to bear bravely the trials that oppress me, so that I may patiently carry the cross which is placed upon me; and let neither distress nor difficulties separate me from the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Valiant champion of the Faith, assist me in the combat against evil, that I may win the crown promised to them that persevere unto the end

2 Likes

Phillipians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

3 Likes

Psalms 51,9-12 for me, tonight.

1 Like