Favorite books recent or old?

Everything’s Eventual- Stephen King
Looking for Alaska- John Green
Any poetry by Pablo Neruda, Sylvia Plath, or Robert Frost.

2 Likes

Yes. Station Eleven is very good!!

1 Like

The Hero With A Thousand Faces- Joseph Campbell

2 Likes

just finished a collection of short sci fi stories - exhalation by ted chiang. loved it

1 Like

I love looking for alaksa! That is awesome.

1 Like

Have you read Kitchen Confidential?

1 Like

“The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.” Virginia Woolf.

1 Like

I’m a voracious reader, but I read for fun, y’all are way too deep for me! My all-time favorite book is Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett, but I have many others that would be a close second, such as The Drifters, James Michener.

1 Like

I haven’t! I just discovered that he had written a ton of books apparently?!

I need to read more of his works.

If you like Game of Thrones or The Humger Games try this series: Throne of Glass. Its the perfect blend of mystery and fantasy and all the books are out. :om:

Old Atlas shrugged I think will blow my mind again in sobriety. Recent new glasses is amazing.

2 Likes

Saw Netflix special with Dave chapelle, he spoke highly of that pimp book, kinda want to read it too.

1 Like

The Stand was great. The Artists Way is suppose to be great. I’m now reading Staying Sober Without God which is a practical approach to the 12 steps. Really good…

3 Likes

@Hippocrates It is a great book! Brutally honest and has influenced a TON of hip hop

1 Like

For those who appreciate Stephen King’s work, he has a great non fiction book called, “On Writing”…not only does it discuss how he came to writing, but he also discusses his old issues with cocaine and alcohol.

3 Likes

Lao Tzu’s Tao Te Ching, as translated by Stephen Mitchell.

Or for this audience, a member here turned me on to Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life by Wayne Dyer. It has some excellent mediations and daily actions to go with each verse. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m reading “The instituut” from Stephen King now, halfway there.
I do not have a favorite book, but yes I have favorite writers such as:

Stephen King (read all books and seen all movies exept the movie Dr. Sleep)

Karin Slaughter

Edgar Allen Poe

Henning Mankell

3 Likes

Got to be Lord of the rings… I was 12, been a fantasy fan ever since… There may be better books, but that book at the time, changed my reading life.

2 Likes