Favourite movie

Good to hear you’ve got great taste haha. I’ve got so much respect for Lubezki and Malick both. They’re power example of a duet of image.

I haven’t actually seen Three Colors yet! Thanks for reminding me! I absolutely loved so much of Dekalog that I told myself I’d go back and find more of his.

For a second I thought you were saying Tree of Life was scored by Preisner and I had to double check I didn’t misremember that it was Alexandre Desplat – another one I’ve also had a soft spot for.

1 Like

Its a brilliant movie, but no way could I watch the whole thing in one go in a cinema. Its hard work. I was really relieved when i realised its broken up into chapters.

1 Like

End of Watch.
Revenant.

2 Likes

I love Terence Malick movies. I saw “to the Wonder” recently and inspired me so much. You must wait until the end!!

1 Like

Three-way tie between the original Red Dawn, The Wind and The Lion and The Edge, runner up Zulu.

And Harry Brown

And Gran Torino

And 2001: A Space Odyssey

Aw heck…too many for me to do even a top 20.

1 Like

Girl interrupted! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Law abiding citizen

2 Likes

I only saw Tree of Life, but the one you recommended is next on my list :slightly_smiling_face: thanks

1 Like

Oh god so many…
Just a few off the top of head
Aliens ( all of them)
The crow ( amazing movie)
Withnail and I
Robocop ( originall)
Predator ( all of them)
Braveheart
The goonies
Star wars ( all of them)

4 Likes

Im a movie geek but really hard to name just one. Anything Kubrick goes :v:

2 Likes

Too many to name just one, but here’s the ones I’ll watch anytime it’s on, regardless of where they are in the movie:

Road House (honestly, pretty much anything Swayze. You could say I’m Swayze Crazy)
Maximum Overdrive
Robocop
Flight of the Navigator
Predator (All of them have their moments, but the OG is king)

4 Likes

The Shining
Halloween (original)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Terminator 2
Predator
The Warriors
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

and, of course –
Elmo in Grouchland

5 Likes

The Lady
Contact
Dancing with wolves
Matrix
Bolt
The green Mile
Cast away
The dark knight
The Equalizer
Braveheart

2 Likes

Let us know what do you think about it. I am really interested in your opinion :grinning:

I have to recommend A New World as well. You might want to skip Knight of Cups though, it’s a bit empty.

Have you heard about the new project he’s just premiered at Cannes? For the longest time it was titled Raedgund, but it’s something else now. He said he felt he went too far down the experimental route with some of the more recent ones, so it’s supposed to be a return to more “normal structure”.

Super curious what that means coming from him lol

1 Like

I also have to throw out the Bourne trilogy as one of my all time favorite action go-to’s. So good. Like 007, but more raw, more violence, and less sex haha

3 Likes

Yes ! I heard about it! I am longing to watch it. Terence has the gift to move my heart through beauty

1 Like

A hidden gem of a movie

2 Likes

Aside from all the obvious nerd franchises, I loved Interstellar

Chick flick for fun - Romy and Michelle’s high school reunion

3 Likes