February 2021 Yoga Accountability Thread

Day 17 :heavy_check_mark:

To start with I was really pleased at having such a short practice. I am struggling a bit at the moment and didn’t do yoga in the morning. If it had been a longer one I might have put it off.

Ended up adding on my own little flow, not much probably only another 10 minutes or so, but still it was nice to want to.

Decided to just skip the day 16 meditation but might come back to it later.

1 Like

Day 17, needed something slow today.
Super mellow super simple practice.

1 Like

Do you follow a particular program/ playlist? Or just do your own thing?

A little bit of both! I like to do my own thing but as far as programs go, i really enjoy the yin yoga classes with Yoga By Kassandra.
She has a really simple 30 day morning practice.
My favorite videos to follow however, are Stephen Beitlers classes. He has beginning through advanced classes on YouTube, that range from 20minutes-2 hours long.
He has guided meditations and breathwork aswell.
I’ve been incorporating his videos into my practice for years and doing his classes consistently have helped me with realigning my hip. His 30 days of yoga is my favorite!

I like programs but, I like that I can change it up if I want.

If I need something really slow one day, I do yin. If i need something short, i do something short. If i need to sweat and really challenge myself, then I do that.

3 Likes

Did my morning yoga and am excited for trying my new mat tomorrow morning. Treated myself and wanted to use it outdoors. Maybe better then wasting it on something else.

3 Likes

Day 18 :heavy_check_mark:

Yoga for upper body strength = mainly push ups. Phew! I did half in full plank and half in half plank. Grateful for the short practice as my arms are like jelly just from that!

1 Like

I hadn’t heard of Stephen Beitler , will check his channel out. I have a couple of Kassandra’s no props yin videos on my YouTube list to try, @SassyRocks has recommended her before too (and I’m sure others).

Although, I say that… I have always stuck with Adriene because I like her and find too much choice overwhelming. Maybe one day I will branch out!

1 Like

I hope it’s not about YWA exclusively, this thread.
I did some nice morning Yoga with a teacher I like a lot as he brought breathing techniques nearer to me and not avoiding and hating them as much as I used to.

1 Like

Haven’t done yoga, I have some nasty cold. I hate when things pull me out of routine but I suppose relaxing is form of meditation in itself. Hoping that tomorrow I feel normal again.

Missed yesterday so did day 20 today. Heart and hips :heavy_check_mark:

Hope you’re feeling better soon :hugs::sparkles:

Thank you!! Felt food enough this morning to do day 21.

21 & 22 :heavy_check_mark:

Mainly breathing and very gentle stretching. I don’t mind taking it easy!

1 Like

Sometimes it’s best.
Taking it easy myself today.
Day 22… very simple

1 Like

Day 23! I can’t believe February is almost over.

Did day 23 yesterday but forgot to post :upside_down_face:

Day 24 was a 6 minute hip practice, which was nice. Added my own bit on after cos I did feel I needed a little extra. It’s taken me a while to feel like I can put together my own flow, without worrying about whether or not I get the right balance of moves etc.

I have struggled a lot with overwhelm and self doubt so being able to trust myself like this, even in small ways, feels like a nice kind of progress.

1 Like

That’s wonderful! As long as you do what’s right for you, there is no wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 24.
Did a 30 minute free flow while listening to some music. Today was a day to step into my own movement.

1 Like

Day 25 :heavy_check_mark:

The video was 11 mins for hands and wrists. Actually more work than I expected, trying to keep good posture throughout. Did an extra 10 mins after, just a few stretches where attention is needed.

1 Like

Day 26 :heavy_check_mark:

15 minute practice, yoga for when you are feeling stuck. Was nice until the puppy started barking. Basically at the end though so only missed the last couple of mins. Did another short YWA video after, yoga rinse.

February nearly over already!

1 Like