Feedback on memes requested (vote in our poll)

Just throwing this out there but this whole shitstorm started when 2 particular persons started flagging memes that offended only them. As you can see I did not and I repeat did not say who, so do not jump to conclusions that I called you out. Political memes are not nudity nor drug or alcohol triggers, unless you addiction is politics. I’m not being funny or trying to be mean here but just stating what I personally believe, which is not law it’s just my belief.

3 Likes

For the record, it is not true that it is only 1 or 2 people flagging in the meme thread. In the past 10 days, 12 different people flagged various memes.

Additionally, a few memes were flagged by more than one person.

6 Likes

Link doesn’t work.
Now I’ll never know what to do!
Left floundering in a sea of ignorance and inappropriate memes.

6 Likes

It is a really fine line as to what’s offensive and that is subjective. It just so happens that politics has been the underlying thing that is causing a difference in opinion - I guess there are people flagging and then others reacting to flags, so it escalates. We are trying our best to walk the line and keep as many people happy as possible.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hmmmm… Having trouble reading that. Can you convert to Hebrew or Sanskrit?

6 Likes

I flagged some of your memes that I didn’t get offended by, but that simply broke the guidelines. You probably didn’t have a clue I flagged some of them. So your statement is fairly inaccurate.
The shitstorm started by someone being offended and standing up for themselves, but it continued when people kept posting memes that were very similar to approved flagged memes. I think deep down you know you have responsibility in this also, so for the love of god take responsibility and stop attacking the people who were brave enough to stand up for themselves, be their ways of standing up for themselves be in a correct or in a incorrect way.

Please don’t see this as a personal attack, but as an “attack” on some of your memes/laying away blame, because I appreciate the person you are and I know you are a good person.

8 Likes

Can we agree to keep this discussion in here and not shame people’s opinions about this topic in other threads? It’s quite inconvenient for people trying to peacefully browse other threads. Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seconded!

I would also suggest that if anyone wants to discuss flags that have been approved, they message @moderators directly rather than keep on going over it all here.

4 Likes

I am ROFLMAO :joy::rofl:. On that one.

1 Like

@moderators is my favorite tag on this forum

1 Like

@discobot meme

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I’ve been trying to spend more time on here and much less time on Twitter. It’s been working. I never really use to check the meme wars thread or whatever.

Now I can’t stop :weary:
But that’s on me. JK. I can stop.
I am also realizing I get offended pretty easily. That’s on me too. But our politics has never been this mean hateful and nasty and just lie after lie after lie.

I hope y’all figure this out. Thank very much @SassyRocks for doing this. I hope it don’t drive you to drink. :heart::pray:

A lot of people have a lot of good points.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

Mine too cos I don’t get a notification for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jk. Don’t mind getting notifications. But the @mods tag only works for private messages.

2 Likes

The thread is giving me a headache… I think I’m going to flag myself and go check out the mental health memes for my sanity. :rofl:

4 Likes

I totally agree with your stAtement. I voted for keep it as it is. Besides having the funny meme threads too fragmented if we split, i think improving our sense of humour and ability to laugh at certain things in life is very helpful when fighting addiction and keeping sobriety.

I dont think its fair with the 49 people that laugh about things to fragment the threads because a few get offended.

If anything, like you said, theres many options to avoid the people/threads/etc.

5 Likes

Then why dont we make the second thread something like NSfW or “enter at your own risk”?

I posted once a meme about cocaine and it got flagged. Im an addict and i find that laughing at my own tragedy is very therapeutic and helps me with sobriety.

This second thread would be basically about any meme that could potentially offend someone. And leave the original meme thread for cute memes about cats and rainbows :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That would be awesome to have a meme thread @Pman just for cats and rainbows and maybe a throw in a unicorn once in awhile. :rofl: :heart:

2 Likes

Lol yeah, my kids would love that :joy:

1 Like