Feel to embarrassed to go to Dr to get suboxone

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone, you can do this too!!

No matter how many tries, you CAN do this.

1 Like

Being chemically dependent and being a drug addict are not the same thing. Some people need itā€¦Iā€™m ā€œaddictedā€ to my bipolar meds lol

Being chemically dependent and being a drug addict are not the same thing, suboxone is NOT a full agonist like any other opioid. When managed correctly itā€™s stupid not too use it imo. If you had cancer would you reject meds because you didnā€™t want to depend on them?

There are ways to use suboxone safely and not get hooked in the cycle. These suboxone n subutex doctors get kick backs. So they over precribe so be careful using it. I did it you can do it!

2 Likes

I did go the suboxone route for a bit, not prescribed, it wasnā€™t for me, it only helped when I was on it then it was back to withdrawls, this post was back in June of 2017, I relapsed many times since then, I started using kratom and now I will be 27 days no oxycodone tonight at 8pm :smile:

1 Like

Having cancer and being addicted are also two totally different things, nobody asks for cancer, but in a way by using and keep using were asking to become dependent, maybe not consciously but every time we pick up weā€™re depriving our bodies of the natural chemicals in our bodies, I found a natural herb called Kratom and itā€™s worked for me many times, I relapsed since this original post but with kratom and will power Iā€™m happy to say that I will be 27 days tonight at 8pm :smile:

Have you stopped taking the kratom to see how you feel with no substance yet?

Yes, and though the physical withdrawls are not there, the mental withdrawls are, depression anxiety and so fourth, so I know itā€™s helping me wile not wilde laying my withdrawls, which is great! But Kratom can come with mild withdrawl symptoms, not as bad as an opiate though, which is great.

Yeah i could find ways to deal with that mild wd. I know my personality and life has made a full 180 in such little timeā€¦im independent vs dependant every day ā€¦ it gets better everydayā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very true my friend. Me too. One day at a time

Kratom got me in the hospital, after 10 plus years, was consuming over 100 grams a day. I only made cancer reference because they are both chronic, progressive diseases. No one asks for the disease of addiction either. Be careful with kratom then, itā€™s substituting one for the other :wink:

In case you werenā€™t aware, kratom is a agonist/antagonist, hitting the exact same receptors as suboxone. Thereā€™s a reason it works so well. Wish you the best.

Exactly! 2-4mg per day is the most anyone needs after stabilizing, thereā€™s a reason anyone who knows even the littlest about buprinorphine will say ā€œless is more.ā€ Plus, norbuprinorphine is a FULL agonist, but taking the crazy typical dose blocks it from doing itā€™s job

1 Like

I have been taking suboxone for nearly 4 years from a serious heroin addiction and I have a great life!!. Suboxone saved my life and because of it I love life and would never ever go back to heroin. Iā€™m not going to lie to u, the mental stuff takes time but I honestly canā€™t remember the last time I thought about using. In my case I recently picked up a crack habit hence why Iā€™m on this site looking for a support system.

2 Likes

I feel the same way about suboxone, if used as a tool (both substances) it can be just that, 100grams a day is like a weekā€™s worth of what I take, thatā€™s a ton, but you still wouldnā€™t overdose on that, what made you go to the hospital if you donā€™t mind my asking?

Yes, but itā€™s main metabolite is not an opiate, even though it works on the same sub receptors as suboxone, trust me I made an educated decision to switch, I didnā€™t just see it and buy a few pounds haha

Also depending on where you got your Krstom, it could of had o-desmethyltramadol in it that the manufacturer put in it to make it ā€œstrongerā€ and way more deadly, itā€™s scary as hell, have to make sure that the vendor you go to is trustworthy and has trusted tests on the product

Iā€™m not here to shun suboxone, it may work for one, and it certainly helped me stay away from pills for sure, but for me I felt like I was just delaying my withdrawls, with Kratom if I miss a day now I do not withdraw not physically at least, I still get the depression and anxiety but I know that will take time to heal, way more time then the physical parts

Bupenephrine is in fact a partial agonist in the opiate receptors (not sure if you meant to say nor bupenephrine or just bupenephrine, but here Iā€™m talking about bupenephrine), when I was taking suboxone I was buying 8mg strips andntook 2mg a day and boy did it help, especially at work

No RC tramadol in mine. My hospital visit was a massive OD on the RC clonozolam. And I fully agree, both are tools, not a means to an end. I just flip out sometimes when ppl dismiss kratom, usually due too not understanding how itā€™s main 2 alkaloids work within your body. Our brains donā€™t care WHAT it is, just the receptors it hits. I started on the normal 5-15 grams a day about 15 years ago, but with the disease of addiction being so chronic, over a lot of time it became 4 daily doses of 25 grams, pure green vein imported from Burma by the kilo :disappointed_relieved: Glad to meet someone who understands how things work, and CONGRATS on your clean time

1 Like