Feeling alone and still maintaining sobriety!

Hello All,
I am currently 50 days sober from alcohol. I am having a hard time processing my feelings. I’m feeling sad, alone and depressed. I also, felt those feeling while drinking. I don’t have friends. With that being said, I don’t have anyone to talk to. I’m very much a loner for the most part. It’s possible I’m a bit socially awkward as well. I guess I am making this post in hopes to find a support system and make some sober friends along the way. Thanks for reading!

13 Likes

Hey congrats on your sobriety ! I’ll be your friend and so will many others on here take it day by day keep doing what you been doing for the past 50 days staying strong you got this don’t think otherwise !

1 Like

Thank you! Sometimes I have to take an hour at a time.

1 Like

Welcome! I am a bit socially awkward too. I tend to overthink what to say and end up saying nothing. Or say something, overthink it later, and then not want to say anything the next time. Is that ur daughter in the pic? How old is she? I have a 7 year old girl, and also 11 year old boy.

1 Like

Welcome Shannon.
Great job on 50 days. You’re rocking it.
There’s a lot of nice friendly people on here to get to know.
My 2 favorite places to visit are:
Daily Gratitude List #2 I got lots to be grateful for now that I’m sober.

And

Join in when your comfortable.
I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart::rose:

Welcome Shannon! Feeling a little alone is totally normal in early sobriety because we’ve been hiding in our addiction so long and when we come out we are kinda learning how to connect with people in real life. It’s a learning process.

One of the things that helped me and a lot of us was sobriety groups. There’s us here in TS of course, and there’s also recovery programs, which are designed not just to help us learn to live sober, but also to give us a network of friends - fellow humans in the world - who we can walk with in life. It feels good to have those connections.

There’s no harm in attending a meeting online:
Online meeting resources

There’s also in person meetings but at the moment it varies from place to place (because of COVID).

Anyway, welcome here! It’s nice to meet you. You’re among friends. :innocent:

Hey! I’m pretty new here but can totally relate to you. I’m very much a loner and would use alcohol to socialize. I do use a lot of online outlets as my source to socialize now to help with the loneliness.

1 Like

Hi Shannon, Welcome!
It’s nice to meet you, lots of wonderful people here ti talk to. 50 days is awesome, btw! You notice so many positives of sobriety by then too.
🙋

Agree with everyone else. Feel free to DM or whatever makes you feel comfortable. Wonderful community here

Welcome Shannon! So glad you found us. I’m socially awkward too but I’ve met some amazing people on this forum. Most will be lifelong friends from all over the world. Come here often and continue interacting and I’m sure you’ll have the same experience as me.

1 Like

Hi Shannon and congrats on 50 days! This community is great and the longer you stay the better you’ll get to know people here. I’m also really socially awkward. But I can stand it here. :wink:
Also, in your sobriety, you will change a lot and get to work on whatever you want in yourself. You may surprise yourself yet and transform your abilities to feel comfortable around others and form bonds and friendships, who knows! :slight_smile:
Tell us a bit more about yourself, and that adorable little girl in the pic? There’s also an institution thread around. You can use the magnifying glass up top to locate it. Read around as much as you can, it’ll feel good and orient and educate you at the same time.
Welcome! :bouquet:

Hi guys not really shore how this all works yet but hello u lot lol :joy: I am on only my 3rd day so far and not feeling to bad x