Feeling emotions and feelings that I haven't felt in a very long time

When I was using I felt nothing… Sober I seem to feel everything from happiness to regret to bliss to anger and honestly it’s extremely hard to take all in. I’ve cried more this last two weeks then probably in my entire life. Does anyone else have this going on. Or for the wise ones lol with liner periods of sobriety was this something you had happen to you?

4 Likes

Absolutely. It takes a long time to get used to feeling everything and not having an immediate mental escape.

It takes time and it’s never easy but it does become easier as you learn how to process things sober. Like a lot of people say, sobriety is basically learning how to live again.

You’re not alone, don’t worry!

3 Likes

Also, check out this thread…

1 Like

Thank you both very much I really appreciate the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wowwww do I? Lol jesus felt great reading that I go from so pumped and happy im taking my life back and escaping this prison to the next minute crying over how much opportunities I’ve missed and people places I gave away to this addiction. I go from past to present million times throughout the day trying so hard to learn to be in the present and now . I feel like I got dropped off into this world from Mars being sober its fucken scary to be honest but I want to meet the real austin sooooo bad . Such a Rollercoaster ride very relatable. Thanks

3 Likes

Yuuuup, I’m a veritable shit storm of emotions at the minute haha. Like yesterday morning I had a little tear because I was so happy, last night I was a little sad, then angry and then just tired so I went to bed early and woke up happy and sober, I can’t ask for much more than that. Learn to roll with the feelings and realise they’re just feelings… they’ll pass.
You’re 100% not on your own with this one

2 Likes

Ahhh right right say rollercoaster :roller_coaster: lol :laughing: it’s great to know I’m not going from crazy to crazier. I try to just deal with whatever emotion it’s flying at me as it comes. I am a little softer sober though :weary: the smallest things hurt my feelings now lol I literally fell like a big cry baby

1 Like

I’m starting to learn slowly that it’s alright to cry… it doesn’t make me weak. It is okay to voice pain or emotional hurt… it doesn’t make me a cry baby. It all makes me stronger not weaker. Things that I used to think made me a “punk” were the things I needed to do the most. But back then me screaming I needed just wanted help outside of my most inner thoughts, nah. But look at me today. Those very things that terrified me at the thought of someone knowing are the things that saved me from a life of misery. Even if it did make me weak I’M GRATEFUL :heart:

1 Like