Feeling like I should probably hide my face on here...šŸ˜

What if someone recognizes meā€¦ :flushed:

But then I remembered that I read somewhere once that what you do in the dark always comes to light in the dayā€¦ So thereā€™s thatā€¦ :joy:

This could also be a disorder of some kindā€¦ Not even sure anymoreā€¦ :neutral_face::100:

13 Likes

I admire your confidence that you would.
If you feel good about showing yourself completely, nothing wrong with that.
I myself canā€™t do that. I am still in that self-shame stage and i donā€™t wanna put myself in that position as of yet.

1 Like

Donā€™t blame ya a bitā€¦ I can understand that and why most people canā€™tā€¦ :100: Thatā€™s why I said I probably should hide my face and maybe be a little less open about my lifeā€¦ :flushed: Where I come from though your best off to just put it all out thereā€¦ If you donā€™t, everybody else sure willā€¦ :100: No leverageā€¦ Just freedom here in these partsā€¦ :joy: So Iā€™ve come to a point in my life that if those most important to me know the truth, I have zero issue with the rest knowingā€¦:100: One day were all gonna knowā€¦ :100: They wonā€™t be a bit surprised when I step up LOL!!! Theyā€™ll be like oh, I remember thatā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Dont really care who see my handsome face , nothing to fear keep on trucking

11 Likes

Thatā€™s right Rayā€¦ :articulated_lorry::dash::dash::dash::wave::joy::100:

4 Likes

Sending you all my love hope and strength,you reached out to me when I started 50 days ago now I will too reach out.your a strong women with so much to give ,donā€™t let things drag you down and if they do for abit remember to get back up and keep on keeping on my friend.xxx

4 Likes

Welcome back! Just do what is most comfortable for you.

1 Like

I was thinking the same but then thought if they see me on here, theyā€™re here too.

11 Likes

Love you ray :+1::blush:

1 Like

if youā€™ve got it flaunt it. if you havenā€™t got it act like you have. Iā€™ve met some beautiful women and handsome men but it soon changes when I find whatā€™s inside. Looks like you got it covered though.

3 Likes

Pretty face! :smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s normal to feel that way. You shouldnā€™t feel any pressure to do so before you feel like you are ready and it is something you want to do. I happen to be comfortable throwing selfies up around here occasionally, and many are not. All a personal choice, not better or worse.

Though many of us use the app to access this forum, I did want to mention that it can also be accessed via a web browser including by people who are not logged into any account, so it is public in that way. Just for everyoneā€™s information.

3 Likes

I love this! I take a related approach with (EDIT: photos that show) my self harm scarring. I know not everyone is comfortable, but for myself, I donā€™t need or want to hide it so I just donā€™t. I wear the clothes I want. Show people out there that having a self harm history doesnā€™t mean you arenā€™t also a normal person, and send the message that my scars do not embody shame, only history.

However, thatā€™s in my everyday life. I do try to keep it off the forum because in the SH case others may find it troublesome.

5 Likes

Oh, I mean for photos specifically. My concern is that at a distance and angle that makes it obvious, it might be like someone coming across pictures of their DOC here (Iā€™m not bothered by the phenomenon myself so I donā€™t understand how it affects people, so I just play it safe because I can easily do so). I havenā€™t run into a case where Iā€™ve had to not post a photo I wanted to anyways.

When it comes to words, I feel free to share what I have to share.

2 Likes

I did not know that but I guess if they are checking forums online, they could be in a similar situation to me and were to recognize me I can be there to support them if asked.

2 Likes

Only thing I got is a bad reputation from a bad choice I made while struggling with issues I didnā€™t really know how to deal withā€¦ :neutral_face::100: Guess Iā€™ve already been through the process of being treated like a sub human by people who didnā€™t really know me and even some that doā€¦ Iā€™ve isolated myself in shame for more than two yearā€™s trying to get better and be better in all thingā€™s by eliminating distractions from those that will purposely try to keep me there in darkā€¦ Itā€™s pretty common to login to almost any social media site and see many people posting selfies and loving themselves for what they look like and all the good in their lifeā€¦ Itā€™s just not too common to see somebody say ā€œIā€™m me, Iā€™m not real proud of every decision Iā€™ve ever made in my life, but Iā€™ve gotta still be proud of who I amā€ā€¦ Picture includedā€¦ You just get a different responseā€¦ :joy::joy::joy: Thatā€™s why I love it here!!! People here are not liarsā€¦ :100:

5 Likes

Wow Emma FIFTY DAYā€™S!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you my friend!!! I KNEW you could do it!!! :blush::tada::sparkler: And THANK you so much for remembering me!!! :sparkling_heart: Iā€™m trying so hard but just having a rough timeā€¦ I know it will get betterā€¦ Somebody out there is struggling so hard and has it WAY worseā€¦ I hate that they do but they do, therefore we gotta get back up and stay strong alwaysā€¦ :100:

2 Likes

Thank you @RBG I willā€¦ Hope you are doing wellā€¦ :blush:

1 Like

Very GOOD pointā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Thank you Donna! Yours is tooā€¦ :blush::100:

1 Like