Feeling so down

Yes had a fantastic day. But now it 7pm and my brain is thinking of that one glass again… My God the mind is playing tricks. It’s really hard

1 Like

Keep at it! It can be tempting but you are more important! What can you do to continue staying sober?

1 Like

I just cooked a good meal. We will eat now. Without any drinks. After that I am watching TV…
How about you? What are you doing to get over this craving?

That’s good!

It’s daytime here. I’m at like a 6/10 for being stressed. What’s stressing me out (and then induces cravings) is work that needed to be done a while back but I’ve avoided it and there’s a lot of shame around it. Working on going to the office and just taking care of a lot of it even though I’m inclined to just relax right now

You can do it. You are on the right track! Good thinking

Lol working on it. It seems like I’ll just stay at home and set goals to do 3 small things to get the ball rolling.

Day 2 of being sober. Yay. I’m happy and I will go to bed peacefully now knowing that I won’t have any hangover tomorrow. Knowing I can get up with my kids and start the day fresh with a morning run in the forest.
Everybody an awesome night!
Good night

1 Like

Strong work! Keep it up. Hope you’re having a good day

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. 2nd morning without any hangover. It’s amazing to wake up like this. Fresh and full of energy. Wishing everybody a beautiful Sunday. Getting up now. And preparing for a run. Brrr. It’s freezing out there.
Thanx everybody. This app is amazing. Knowing I am not a lonely

5 Likes

*… Knowing I’m not alone

1 Like

How is your day? I think we are in different time zones. On your site it’s probably night? How are you doing? Stay strong

1 Like

Hello and omg reading your journey is like reading about myself im exactly the same mother/wife and also have the bad habits…im also on day 1 i dont have alot to say as im in the position but i hope you can find comfort knowing you are not alone in this journey you are strong and just take it a day at a time as i find when i put to much pressure on myself i want the wine bottle more. Well good luck and well done to day 1 :blush:

1 Like

Hey there and welcome. Day 1 you can do it. It’s so good to meet people that are in the same position. Together we can do it. Let’s just write to each other whenever needed. Hear you later

2 Likes

Your words and experience are rich with passion and show a true yearning for an easier, softer way of life.

Although I have not had a drink in over 10 months, I am just trying to make it another day without it. Looking back, it isn’t nearly as difficult as I was worried it would be. Before I knew it, those hours became days, then weeks, and now double-digit months.

STILL - I only have right now.

We are all on this journey together.

1 Like

Wow. 10 months. That’s great. We’ll done. It is good to hear that it is getting easier but I am very aware of that this is a long journey. Looking at all you guys with such a willpower makes me feel so strong.
We can do it!

2 Likes

Stay strong. Just think about today. People on here are amazing. Sometimes I just sit and read people’s amazing stories of strength and courage and it gives me the strength to continue the fight.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: and its great to have all the support always here if you need to chat its now 8pm for me so day 1 is coming to an end :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: but i have been eating instead of drinking which isnt the best… but i guess its better than the bottle, hope you have a great day

2 Likes

Thats typical through any recovery from drugs or alcohol. Your body is craving sugars your not getting from alcohol and vitamins your body can now absorb without alcohol/drugs. Make sure while detoxing to drink plenty of water(2 liters) and get a vitamin supplement. This should help you through some of the detox… Keep coming back…

2 Likes

That’s great. First day done. Yay.
I just came back from a one hour run through the forest. It’s been great and I feel full of energy.
I wish you a good night.

2 Likes

I had the same problem. I tried to quit on my own and had to reset more times than I can count. This app has helped me a lot. Especially the forums and getting to see the day counter. I wouldn’t have made it past the first 2 weeks if it weren’t for the support you’ll find here. The other piece which was a LIFESAVER for me - the book “The Sober Diaries.” I highly recommend the audiobook version. I think you will find the author’s situation very relateable, and the voice actress is wonderful… very easy to listen to. I felt as if I were reading the story to myself. It starts on the author’s day one and takes you through all of the emotions she was feeling during her journey and helps you understand more about what you are going through. It also helps to educate you on the health dangers of alcohol, which was enough to help me subconsciously not even want to drink anymore. I am 1 month 4 days sober now. I was like you at first and had a hard time. The cravings were still there for a few weeks. But now after day 30 they aren’t really there at all so much, and the wine witch is pretty much gone. You may also want to take up some light exercise and see if there are any other healthy changes you can make with you diet. This has also helped me, because once I started eating better and exercising, I didn’t want to put anymore bad into my body. Hope this helps!

2 Likes