Feeling uneasy at the moment

…and i dont know why but i feel like i need to get the feeling out there somehow instead of internalising it…ive had some very strong cravings the past few days from absolutely knowhere…take your own advice Kelly and work out the why…ive got that ‘im only ever gonna be one drink away from disaster’ feeling…

23 Likes

Big Scottish hug COMING YOUR WAY

6 Likes

Oh thank you Ray :blush:

3 Likes

And a hug from North Carolina US as well!!

2 Likes

Much appreciated Sassy :heart:

2 Likes

Thats absolutely true, thank you so much James :heart:

1 Like

This too shall pass. Hang in there, friend! Sending hugs.:people_hugging::people_hugging:

1 Like

Hang in there, Kelly. You’ll figure out your why and come out of it even stronger. Sending hugs :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Pattycake @Pandita

I think im tired, feeling the pressure of the holidays, im doing well with my finances getting things paid off but im failing to leave enough to get by on and its hard work…im not going to drink but feel the need to reach out here where i know im safe to do so

7 Likes

Sending you healing hugs and love :heart::people_hugging:
What’s keeping me strong at the moment is knowing we all have eachother here. I’m glad you are posting and getting support. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Thanks Twizz, we all have each other. It means so much to me that i can come here, that we all can…i couldnt be sober without this place :heart::people_hugging:

1 Like

How about some self care, Kelly? Maybe a nice hot bath or a nap. Sending you some hugs from New Jersey USA. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

I feel lonely…lonely for a partner even though i feel like ive lost faith in ever finding someone that il have something solid with…i feel like im destined to be single forever now…i joke that i dont ever want another man but its not the truth

4 Likes

Thanks Lisa…Funnily enough im doing that now…im having a nice soak in the bath and talking to you guys…

1 Like

“I always regret drinking. I never regret not drinking” :blush:

6 Likes

Said by the pink panther with that exact face :rofl:

1 Like

So sorry you are struggling, but so pleased you came here to talk it through. Hope it helps :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thanks Jenny :heart:

Hoping it passes quickly and you find some peace. :pray:

2 Likes

Video gif. A black dog lifts its front paws and wraps them around a white dog like he’s hugging him. The black dog presses his head against the white dog to get closer and the white dog doesn't seem to mind.

Oh, I don’t know if this strikes a chord, but sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up in not getting it all done today. I catch myself thinking I should pay off all the debt, lose all the weight, pack a month’s worth of fresh lunches (um how?), ALL today, and get 8hrs sleep and everything else on my to do list done. (And I’m not a parent!). When I don’t, that little voice of inadequacy can creep in. Guessing you can figure out how I used to drown that out… :face_with_peeking_eye:

Usually that soak in the bath and a good sleep do most of the trick. And I’m getting a whole lot better at actually throwing a few positive affirmations my way. Felt corny at first!

You know we think the world of you. How could we not? Today, you are enough. More than enough. You’ve done enough. Been enough. And you’re gonna tuck in sober. Onward, amazing Kelly. Hugs and love your way. :orange_heart:

11 Likes