Felt the thirst today

I am less than an hour and a half away to 48hrs from the last time I sobered up and called it quits again and I feel good this time around. I have many reasons to get sober and try my best to stay sober.
I also started a body “flush” type thing about the same time I downloaded this app again. I wanted to consume nutrients to help heal my body of my crappy appetite, lack of eating and over consumption of alcohol.
Been eating raw veggies and fruit and drinking lots of water. I felt sluggish yesterday but a little more energized today.
I am thankful that I am healthy enough not to get withdraws. That is one of the reasons I wanted to get sober now before I ever have to experience them. The reality of my health declining because of alcohol is starting to worry me enough where I dont want to get too far. I have a lot to live for but this last year was so hard especially since my brother passed tragically. A lot of things tested me and i wasnt the strong willed person I know taht I am and i felt weak a lot. Now i feel myself coming back and getting my strong mentality back.
Although i thought about chugging a nice cold glass of beer I decided against it and decided I’ve been selfish enough. Yesterday and today i’ve been doing what my daughter and nephew would want to enjoy instead of drinking at home and then just getting sleepy and lazy.
Feels good to know that they had a fulfilled day and my daughter is already making plans for tomorrow after I get off work🥰

I hope i can fight that craving off tomorrow too 🩵

13 Likes

Hey Bria,
Welcome back.
I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. That definitely would make for a hard year and then some.

I’m glad you’re sober today and will have 2 days soon. Being active on here reading and writing in and especially the gratitude thread has kept me sober.

Great bunch of people over there just grateful to be able to live ODAAT without picking up. I like my gratitude in the morning with my coffee, I’ll save you a seat.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Keeping yourself busy is key in this.
And don’t forget us, come here to talk about it if you crave. It will get the edge off.
The nice thing of this forum is that the people in it are from all over the world so there is always someone awake to talk to.
I also just as Eric above did would like to share you some threads to look into: What's YOUR plan? This thread gives you a good insight in recovery in general. And here’s how I become sober myself. I made a sober plan for myself and sticked to it. Sober for more then 5 years now. Maybe you see something in it you can use: 2 years sober and what helped me to get there: And last but not least, here is a link where you will find many recovery books ore podcasts! I liked “Quit like a woman” a lot as well as Allen Carr’s book “Easy way to stop drinking” Resources for our recovery But there are many more to find collected there.

Even after 5 years I have cravings sometimes, but it’s like a flare up and I know how to handle it. In the beginning of sobriaty cravings can occur a lot. Be prepared for them so you know what to do. So put in the work and you will make it trough :facepunch:

3 Likes

Welcome back :hugs:

1 Like

It’s not a “nice” cold glass of beer, it’s a death sentence. It’s not nice at all it’s poison and causes 7 types of cancer and will destroy your life. There’s nothing nice about it. A smoothie is nice, or green tea or something that will enhance your well being.

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommends ! I will have to read. Thanks for the support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate the reads and pep talk :grin:🩵

1 Like

I appreciate it. Its so relieving to read other people’s story that are similar. Nice to know I’m not alone🩵

2 Likes