Few hours sober clean and sober… could use advice l…

@AmyDawn I was hoping I might lose some weight, but judging by my appetite and craving sweet treats I doubt it!

1 Like

10 days deep and feeling good, a little up tight as I have a few party’s and meals that are being booked, for family, I’m going with my feelings and that’s not going, as I don’t feel I’m strong enough yet to say no to any drinks, or anything think else in fact, so I don’t think I should put myself into those situations yet, trouble is people don’t always understand that which I find hard or sad :muscle::facepunch::+1:

3 Likes

I am almost 6 months sober now but reset the timer on this app consistently for a good 2 years before I decided to actually talk here and stop being secretive in my sobriety. It worked,the moment I reached out is the moment I stopped resetting. So you are in the right place.
I also went through the period of boredom moments when initial cravings had passed but decided to try new hobbies. The first was the gym… lasted a few months but started not going so cancelled. In between all this I watched multiple shows on Netflix and played games… anything to get me through. Finally I started learning new skills that interest me and got some new hobbies. Bit throughout all this I was always kind to myself and did whatever I felt like with no pressure just to get me through the early days. Eventually it all started to fall into place by itself. Cravings will and do pass . Situations involving alcohol also get easier… but this takes time so best to avoid at first.

3 Likes

Exactly! Over time I lost ties with the friends who were into partying annd drinking alot. I was definitely influenced over the years to follow suit. Luckily my best friend doesnt drink at all and its been the best thing being around someone I can do fun things with without the pressure of drinking😊

2 Likes

Just this past weekend I had a concert to go see in which my cousin played. I didn’t attend. I truly felt it would’ve cause me to slip so I avoided the situation. Now the 4th is coming up this week but I feel more confident and there will be a lot of food around and deserts. so I will focus on those.

3 Likes

Hey Amy! Kay here, congratulations on your journey. I am a few hours clean too and it is tough! Hang in there! Keep coming back