Fighting against addiction

I’ve found it a little bit hard when i took the decision to stop that bad hobby, i didn’t know i’m addicted to it till i wanted to stop, now i’m 2 weeks clean, i hope i can go forther to achieve a 90 days clean, any advices ?

9 Likes

Congrats :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I can only recommend focusing on today. No future tripping as it gets our head spinning about unnecessary stuff. Makes us more likely to go back out.
Grab onto a healthy plan and stick with it/do it every day. My best advice!

So happy you are here!

2 Likes

Sounds great, i will try to stick to a healthy plan as you said, great advice, thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve found this thread to be a very useful resource in planning for sobriety:

What’s YOUR plan?

Taking things one day at a time (ODAAT) is key to stacking up the days. TS has been vital in my sobriety, use it for 24/7 worldwide support.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on 2 weeks sober!

4 Likes

Interesting !, i will tr, thank you :blush::white_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome :raising_hand_woman:

2 weeks is really good congratulations :fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler:
This community here has helped me through so much.
Full of really caring, supportive people.
Hope to see you around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I know, i’m surprised how nice people in here, so happy i’m here, thank you so much and i hope to see you and people like you around :pray:

2 Likes

Checking in every day would be my advice. It helps to keep yourself accountable and focus on today. Here is the thread where we all doing just that, feel free to join us!

First year of my recovery I was there every day to check in, sometimes twice. It helped me to push trough with the support of the other members.
I wish you the same! :facepunch:

3 Likes

That’s great, thank you so much :white_heart:

2 Likes

You got this homie!!! :smiley: Yeah like what @SoberWalker linked in their post here, definitely practice self-compassion, meaning don’t beat yourself up if you fail to get things you were supposed to get done in a day. I realize that beating myself up over shit was a big reason why I’d run back to cocaine. Some days will be good, some days will be bad, some days will be neutral. But every day is a shit day when you go back to your addiction.

Also, make sure to reach out here and to your other support groups and people whenever you are struggling with your sobriety or if you just have something you need to get off your chest or talk about, no matter how big or small the issue may be. I realize choosing to not reach out for support whenever I needed it was a HUGE mistake in my sobriety that kept me in the coke loop for those 2+ years I was using. If I stopped reaching out for help whenever I needed it, I would probably be back on the Cocaine Wheel of Misfortune by now!

I’m wishing you luck homie, you got this :DDD

2 Likes