Fighting this WAR called life

Emotionally drained, sad, depressed, confused, angry, disappointed, scared, etc…

I am so struggling with fighting this WAR called LIFE in ADDICTION.
I feel like I just can’t figure this battle anymore. I feel like it’s winning and I’m truly scared and exhausted. I truly really don’t want to lose this but I feel so lonely and weakness in my thoughts and prayers of wanting to continue. Please help me with this WAR. PLEASE HELP ME WIN.
I just need the support and guidance to keep carring on with this fight. Thanks for understanding and anyone who can be that support

11 Likes

We win this war one day at a time. The days get easier, life gets better… slow steady progress. Welcome Sara. I’m glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Thanks I’m trying not to give up and keep going. I was called today and said they have a bed for me in residential rehab. I’m supposed to go in on Thursday@ 9:00 AM. So I’m just trying to keep my mind and head straight to be able to make it.

7 Likes

THANKS And I’m really trying here. I’m trying to make it to Thursday because I was called today and was told they have a bed for me in residential rehab on Thursday at 9:00 AM. Please just pray for me :pray:

4 Likes

That’s awesome that you’re going to have the chance at rehab. The tools and time to heal will be super helpful. We certainly will pray for you. How about if you talk to us for now. Do you have any hobbies that you love?

1 Like

Yes I love drawing and painting. I do a lot of Art related to recovery

2 Likes

Have you worked on any at recently? Is love to see some if you want to share someday.

2 Likes

That’s great news Sara! Only a few hours left.

One day at a time. Take some time tomorrow to read around here. You say you like art. Have you seen the art threads here?

Show the artist within you

Take care Sara, looking forward to hearing about your days & hopefully seeing some art!

2 Likes

Yes I just finished one. It’s on Eating disorders awareness and to understand what they hide I’ll send it to you soon. How can I send you a pic of the Art. It’s not letting me upload images here because I’m a newbie

2 Likes

Thanks for all your support

1 Like

It’ll let you in a couple of days. That sounds really interesting, i would really like to see it when it does let you.

Welcome Sara. Going to rehab is a great step to fight addiction. My 2 kids when to a couple of different rehabs. Miracles do happen!! We all need tools to fight this beast. It cannot be done alone. Keep checking in.
:pray::heart:

Welcome Sara and I’m glad you found us.
Happy for you that you can go to rehab. Yes, it will be difficult but it’s such a big step forward in life!
Keep us posted please :heart:

1 Like

Hey again Sara. I just came across this and i thought I’d leave it here with you. :pray: :heart:
IMG_0853

Hi Sara,

Hi Sara,
There is a tango that addiction does with mental health. Trauma and mental health issues can lead to addiction and addiction can prevent you sorting out your mental health. It is great that you have the opportunity to go to residential rehab. When your addiction is being tackled you can work more easily on your mental health.
Please do go to rehab whatever happens. Remember that your addiction will try to sabotage you and stop you going as it does not want to be defeated. Don’t let it. Show it how strong you are! :muscle: :pray:

To be honest I only have a few hours…
I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

How are you feeling today? I see you posted this a couple of days ago…

If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. There are a lot of people here that care about you, even though we don’t know you. We have the same struggle in common, and similar pain. You are not alone in this.

Never ever give up fighting the good fight. It is so worth it no matter how bad today might be. Tomorrow will be better!

1 Like