Finally having clarity with my life journey

Well done you :clap: keep it up you are strong :muscle:

1 Like

I love that quote. It applies perfectly. Thank you for sharing it with me! :two_hearts:

Aww thanks! :hugs:

Aww I’m glad it resonated with you!

I’m doing well, also relaxing on the sofa watching a video with Dr Rangan Chatterjee interviewing Bryony Gordon called ‘Everything you think you know about addiction and trauma’…had a lovely lunch with a friend earlier and looking forward to a lazy Sunday tomorrow :smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry glad you are here! Connection is key, and you will find some true sobriety angels in this forum. Welcome! I got sober at age 45. Best decision ever.

Wow, this is profoundly relatable. Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad I’m here too…in the past I’ve tried AA, but it never felt like the right fit, though I also knew finding a community was fundamental. I’ve come across Smart Recovery and Dharma Recovery and will try meetings with both. Buddhism keeps coming up for me and I’m very drawn to it. Congrats on your years of sobriety - it’s very inspiring :grinning:

2 Likes

And thank you so much for your response, that resonates with me as well… :+1:

Hey im not sure where you are based but im uk, so going to go to the zoom call tonight for dharma recovery (6.30pm-8pm)
Happy sunday!
K

1 Like

That’s awesome! Dharma Recovery is something that I want to try as well. I’m a big fan of Pema Chodron and the Buddhist principles of living echo throughout all recover programs I’ve participated in, including AA. I love the connection I receive through sober communities. So glad you are here.

2 Likes

Hey sorry I missed this yesterday - how was the meeting? If it’s a weekly thing I can definitely join this coming Sunday if you have the details? I’m not UK based but on the same timezone :+1:

I’ll check out Pema Chodron…I’ve actually felt more connection with this community app than I did with the AA meetings. It’s really nice to check in, read posts, take notes on advice, and look at cat photos :joy:

2 Likes

Have you checked out ThirdMonkey’s dharma thread? Starts with Recovery Dharma and has lots of Pema in there. :purple_heart: One of my favorite threads. Little pearls.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this thread, it feels like a synchronistic fit for me :grin:

2 Likes

Or cute puppies!

1 Like

How are you doing today @SidneyBliss ?

I was a binge drinker since my teens as well…so much to unravel and heal from then to now. Bit by bit. Day by day. :heart:

Hey! Thanks for asking, I’m doing really well. Today I’ve taken some time for myself - a hair appointment and solo lunch - interspersed with errands. Everything flowed :grinning:

How is your day looking?

Tomorrow I hit my 14 days sober…baby steps…

Appreciate your honesty, thank you. I remember my first binge was the very first time I drank alcohol at 12…in the early days of trying to stop getting to 7 days without was a major milestone. Over the years I could manage longer and longer periods abstaining. I think it’s the relapsing that I’ve found hardest. But with the knowledge and therapy I’ve accrued, particularly in the last 12 months, I have a reasonable toolkit to utilize…one day at a time.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! Look at that little face :two_hearts:

14 days is great! Glad your day has been good.

Yoga, recycling, chores…that is my day so far! Oh and orchid buying in celebration of our 26 years since our first date today. :heart: We are off for a bicycle ride shortly.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like